Cover for other devices

My licence covers me for 5 devices and so far I only have my PC covered. How do I include my tablet and 2 kindles from this one licence?  

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Assuming this is for F-Secure SAFE, you can install on your other devices from your SAFE Portal.  The instructions are fairly clear, but let us know if you need further help with that.  

• lizzieloo2
    lizzieloo2 Posts: 4 New Member
    thanks for a prompt response. However, I tried via the Safe Portal but all I got was about sending an e-mail. I can't send an e-mail to my e-reader so it didn't help much. Sorry, I'm new to this - I'm quick to pick things up and usually can follow the instructions but I do need some clarification.
  • Simon
    Someone ( @Ben ? ) will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think SAFE is compatible with Kindles due to the differences Amazon make to the operating system.

Which operating system is your e-reader? If you can't install via email, and it is compatible, you can browse to the SAFE portal using the device you want to install on, and install direct from there.
  • lizzieloo2
    Thank you. I tried last night and was asked to open a google account in order to do it but that needed verification but I wasn't sent one. Waited and waited and kept retrying but no joy. Will try again.
  • Chameni
    Chameni Posts: 234 F-Secure Employee

Hi,

For F-Secure Safe you can always login to the SAFE Portal and proceed with the installation for your current Tablet device. Can we know what OS is your current E-Reader? If it is Kindle Fire OS, then it is not compatible with F-Secure Safe. You can refer for here reference.

Click here for installation steps for your Tablet device.

Thank you

@lizzieloo2 wrote:
    Thank you. I tried last night and was asked to open a google account in order to do it but that needed verification but I wasn't sent one. Waited and waited and kept retrying but no joy. Will try again.

• lizzieloo2

Thanks - I wish I had read this earlier.  After much trying, I eventually managed to speak to an agent for F-Secure who just took me all through what I was already doing but failed to inform me that F-Secure is not compatible with Amazon Fire.  He just told me to take the tablet back to the purchaser.  I then contacted Amazon and was able to install another security device for free

• Raffles
    Raffles Posts: 1 New Member

Hi just purchased  a Tablet.   Have F Secure on 3 of my laptops,  How do I protect my tablet and do I have to pay the full amount again to cover the tablet  Seems to me as my current subsriiption does not expire until next year my tablet should be covered for free or at least discount price?

• Simon
    Your subscription covers a certain amount of devices, depending on the license you purchased. So, if you purchased a license for 3 devices, and have installed FS on all 3 devices, then you would have to purchase another license to install on a fourth device.

With regards your tablet, it depends on which operating system it's running, as to whether you can install F-Secure on it. As you'll see above, FS is not compatible with Kindles.
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info