The application "f-secure SAFE.app" can't be opened

I installed "f-secure SAFE.app" on my mac in order to remove a fake adobe download virus. I have OSX El Capitan installed. 

However, every time I try to open it I get the following messaage:

The application "f-secure SAFE.app" can't be opened

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi topspeak,

Could you try to uninstall and reinstall the SAFE application on your MAC computer? Once reinstalled, please try to open the application and update us if that works.

• Wildestpixel
    Wildestpixel Posts: 4 New Member

I have the same problem on newly purchased license meaning I have a 12 month thing ticking down to zero.  

Uninstall and and reinstall does not make it work. It works on Yosemite doesn't on any build of El Capitan for me. Beginning to think that I have spent my cash in the wrong place as a hard up student.  

• [Deleted User]

Hi Wildestpixel,

If the issue persists even after a reinstallation, I would recommend to open a support ticket along with your fsdiag so that our support team can have a look further.

• [Deleted User]

Hi @topspeak and @Wildestpixel,

There is a post mentioned here about this issue on Mac OS X El Capitan. Please have a look at the post to get more details.

• Wildestpixel
    Wildestpixel Posts: 4 New Member

AS maybe the case but you are unable to enter your subscription key in system preferences due to the manner in which El Capitan handles root.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info