Freedom Subscription code do not ok in Mac

marmar
marmar Posts: 6 New Member
Freedom, 1 year 3 devices, bought sep 2015. Works in my iphone, but not in my Apple MacBook computer. When I send the subscription code, l get the message "There was a problem connecting to the server. Try later or contact support". How to do? Please help!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi marmar,

Does this error occur when you try to validate the Freedome product? Or when you try to turn on the Freedome?

If it is happening during turn on, may I know which location you were trying to connect when you got this error?

• marmar

Hi support, thanks for your response.
    The error occur when I try to validate the Freedome product on MacBook Air computer. Anyway, my location is China, Shanghai. My Ref no: xxxxxx. Please tell if you need more info. Thanks!

EDIT: Personal identification information

• marmar
    Support! Please answer! The connection problem is not solved! Please help!
  • [Deleted User]

Hi marmar,

Do you have any alternate network in which you can connect to activate your code in your mac? Could you please let us know if you were connected to 3g/4g/wifi when trying to activate the code? Is this the first time installation of the Freedome product on the mac?

China is known to block partially VPNs, however we haven't receive other claims concerning activation problem on our side.

• marmar
    Hello support, no alternate network! Use WiFi. Used my mobils 4g as alternate network. Didn't help!! Yes, first time installation of Freedome on mac.
    Problem not solved, please help!
  • marmar
    Hi support! No solution!?
    How can I get my money back? Smiley Sad
  • [Deleted User]

Hi marmar,

Sorry for the delay. As mentioned in my older reply, China is known to block partially VPNs, however may be using an alternate network could have helped in this case. May be, like using some other ISP network and retry the validation, it might work.

In this case, if you do not have any other alternate network and if the activation issue keeps happening till now, we can help you to refund the Freedome license. Please do let us know so that I can proceed further on this.

• marmar
    Thanks support, I have not access to alternate network. Please help me to refund the Freedome license. Thanks.
  • [Deleted User]

Hi marmar,

I will send you a PM for further discussion on this case.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info