TP147 Windows client release

FS Protection PC Release 147

• Common Component Framework 2.47 build 308
  • Antivirus 14.146 build 100
  • Browsing protection 2.147 build 3584

New features
Common:

• New colors and icons. There will be more changes to dialog styles in next release.

Browsing Protection:

• Browsing protection extension signed as required by Firefox version 40.0 onward
  • Safe Search extension signed as required by Firefox version 40.0 onward
  • User can add web site to Denied list if wish to block it. 

Fixed issues
Common:

• Flyer rendering problems in high DPI mode (CTS-96694)
  • GUI rendering problems in high DPI mode (CTS-96662)

Browsing Protection:

• Firefox OLS extension missing icon (CTS-96649)
  • Web site exceptions edit not saving (CTS-96690)
  • Banking Protection now work on Waterfox browser (CTS-96608)
  • OLS Basic still shows "Parental Controls" in settings view (CTS-96644) 
  • Documentation updated with Microsoft Edge support (CTS-96693)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply... and question.

Does it mean that.... next points known and it will be re-designed later (?):

--> Some windows comes with small size of text (same with "old design" before "increase large"-step for all text-words under most of windows).

--> Some windows (type of window!?) looks like not so wonderful about "title/logo" (left side about title-name and logo).

--> Some places with new colors looks like strange (?!) - Scan Wizard?, block-pages (maybe there something else), target-buttons under "new meanings of launchpad buttons", turn off protection-feature (probably it's same with "dialog styles").

---------

And what mean "User can add web site to Denied list if wish to block it." ?

Previously it was possible too?! or not?

Sorry again.

Thanks.

Hi @Ukko

Please create bug reports of all these GUI issues you find. It may or may not be known to us already, but it's better to document them all so that everything gets fixed.

The denied web sites list now works even when Content blocker is disabled. This is the change from previous version.

(F-Secure R&D)

• JPet
    JPet Posts: 4

Bright colours, makes you smile. For a while something opposite to black. It would nice if the colours followed passing  of the day. Bright at day time, darker towards the night.

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Personally, I would have preferred a darker theme (I liked the scan wizard as it was in the previous release), as, to me, darker themes just seem to give a more professional appearance.  Obviously, that is very subjective, and is simply my personal preference.  Maybe we could have a choice of dark or light themes in future releases?

Other that that, faultless upgrade, as usual, and everything seem to be working well.  :)

• JPet
    JPet Posts: 4

I usually like darker themes also, but occasionally it's refreshing to see something else. "Variation reinvigorates"

• Jkay
    Jkay Posts: 2

I'm assuming this new client is the reason for the new icon.

It seems to me (is this intentional?) that essentially ALL of the user controls and settings have disappeared. 

Running the "fs protection" application does nothing but bring up a window saying "Turning On" which eventually goes away.

Left-clicking in the system tray does NOTHING.

Right-clicking in system tray presents a very diminished set of options such as 'open common setting' but there is no apparent way to access the 'less common settings.'

How am I supposed to administer this thing?

• Jkay
    Jkay Posts: 2
    Update: only one of my systems is showing this problem. Unfortunately, it's my main work system.
  • Simon
    Have you tried re-installing the product from the Beta portal > My FS Protection? I think that would be the simplest first thing to try. This is assuming you have no other security software on board which may be causing a conflict.

Hi @Jkay

The product saying "Turning on..." when trying to open GUI is happening to a number of users. We are still not sure what causes it, but rebooting the computer will fix the problem.

(F-Secure R&D)

• Joschka2
    Joschka2 Posts: 15 Explorer

Reboot, as recommended, made the problem go away, at least for now. (I would not call that a 'fix' though.)

As for competing A-V software, as far as I can tell in Windows 10, there is no way to disable Windows Defencer and f-secure doesn't disable it either. But I'm not really sure because there is no obvious way to check.

• Simon

I'm now getting the "Malfunction - please restart your computer" issue again.  I thought this had been fixed with the last release? 

fs protection 16.1

Common Component Framework 2.47 build 308

CCF CUIF 10.05 build 154
    CCF DAAS2 1.10 build 565
    CCF Guts2 2.01 build 753
    CCF Upstream 2.02 build 337
    CCF Diagnostics 9.01 build 105
    CCF Scanning 1.68 build 119.643
    CCF Network 1.04 build 106
    CCF Reputation 2.0 build 1337

@Simon

I talked with the team and they said that there are multiple reasons why the malfunction might happen. In any case, it would be good if you could create a bug report every time you see this happening. Remember to run support tool and attach fsdiag.7z to the case.

(F-Secure R&D)

This discussion has been closed.