TP147 Windows client release
FS Protection PC Release 147
- Common Component Framework 2.47 build 308
- Antivirus 14.146 build 100
- Browsing protection 2.147 build 3584
- New colors and icons. There will be more changes to dialog styles in next release.
- Browsing protection extension signed as required by Firefox version 40.0 onward
- Safe Search extension signed as required by Firefox version 40.0 onward
- User can add web site to Denied list if wish to block it.
- Flyer rendering problems in high DPI mode (CTS-96694)
- GUI rendering problems in high DPI mode (CTS-96662)
- Firefox OLS extension missing icon (CTS-96649)
- Web site exceptions edit not saving (CTS-96690)
- Banking Protection now work on Waterfox browser (CTS-96608)
- OLS Basic still shows "Parental Controls" in settings view (CTS-96644)
- Documentation updated with Microsoft Edge support (CTS-96693)
F-Secure R&D, Desktop products
Sorry for my reply... and question.
Does it mean that.... next points known and it will be re-designed later (?):
--> Some windows comes with small size of text (same with "old design" before "increase large"-step for all text-words under most of windows).
--> Some windows (type of window!?) looks like not so wonderful about "title/logo" (left side about title-name and logo).
--> Some places with new colors looks like strange (?!) - Scan Wizard?, block-pages (maybe there something else), target-buttons under "new meanings of launchpad buttons", turn off protection-feature (probably it's same with "dialog styles").
And what mean "User can add web site to Denied list if wish to block it." ?
Previously it was possible too?! or not?
Please create bug reports of all these GUI issues you find. It may or may not be known to us already, but it's better to document them all so that everything gets fixed.
The denied web sites list now works even when Content blocker is disabled. This is the change from previous version.
F-Secure R&D, Desktop products1 1Like
Personally, I would have preferred a darker theme (I liked the scan wizard as it was in the previous release), as, to me, darker themes just seem to give a more professional appearance. Obviously, that is very subjective, and is simply my personal preference. Maybe we could have a choice of dark or light themes in future releases?
Other that that, faultless upgrade, as usual, and everything seem to be working well.
I'm assuming this new client is the reason for the new icon.
It seems to me (is this intentional?) that essentially ALL of the user controls and settings have disappeared.
Running the "fs protection" application does nothing but bring up a window saying "Turning On" which eventually goes away.
Left-clicking in the system tray does NOTHING.
Right-clicking in system tray presents a very diminished set of options such as 'open common setting' but there is no apparent way to access the 'less common settings.'
How am I supposed to administer this thing?
Reboot, as recommended, made the problem go away, at least for now. (I would not call that a 'fix' though.)
As for competing A-V software, as far as I can tell in Windows 10, there is no way to disable Windows Defencer and f-secure doesn't disable it either. But I'm not really sure because there is no obvious way to check.
I'm now getting the "Malfunction - please restart your computer" issue again. I thought this had been fixed with the last release?
fs protection 16.1
Common Component Framework 2.47 build 308
CCF CUIF 10.05 build 154
CCF DAAS2 1.10 build 565
CCF Guts2 2.01 build 753
CCF Upstream 2.02 build 337
CCF Diagnostics 9.01 build 105
CCF Scanning 1.68 build 119.643
CCF Network 1.04 build 106
CCF Reputation 2.0 build 1337
I talked with the team and they said that there are multiple reasons why the malfunction might happen. In any case, it would be good if you could create a bug report every time you see this happening. Remember to run support tool and attach fsdiag.7z to the case.
F-Secure R&D, Desktop products