Freedome automatic update installation fails (Windows)

Jarppi
Jarppi Posts: 3 New Member

Freedome notice me that there is new update available.

Notice says :"Do you want to download and install now."

I try to install this update four times, and my product never updated.

Is there somekind of problem with that update?

I don't have problem with that anymore.

I download latest version here (https://www.f-secure.com/fi_FI/web/home_fi/downloads), and install it manually.

I use Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, and F-Secure Safe Internet Security

I also use Freedome on my android phone, and there's never been any problem with Freedome updates.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Jarppi,

Usually the upgrade should automatically install the latest update to your computer. I am not really sure what might have happened to cause the update not to happen. But good to know that the product is up to date now.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

• Same problem here.

I get the notification, that a new update is available.

After 15-30 minutes, an error message pops up.

"Überprüfung der Updatesignatur fehlgeschlagen.

Das heruntergeladene update-Paket verfügt über keine gültige Signatur und kann daher nicht installiert werden."

Translated to english something like:

"Signature-check of the update failed.

The downloaded update-package does not have a valid signature and therefore can not be installed."

Anybody else got this problem ?

• You know what, i also had a problem with the automatic update. Upon launch, i received the notification about the updated version. I agreed to download and install it. After some time i started wondering why it seemed to take so long, i decided to open Resource Monitor and check for the network traffic;

Capture.PNG

I gave up, because it would have taken like half a century probably (i had no idea what was the size of the update). Then i downloaded the updated installer from F-secure's website instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info