License deactivation and reactivation

I have bought a 12-month 5 device license for Freedome.

I work in mobile software development and go thru devices very fast.  Is there a way to first of all see on which devices my 5 licenses are activated on and secondly deactive the license from some of my old devices in order to be able to activate Freedome on my newer devices?

Cheers, Juha Ristolainen

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Rlussi,

Currently every installation counts on your licence (including reinstallation).

It is not possible to see on which device your licence was used, or to reset it.

I'll send you a private message to try to solve your problem.

• rwjack
    rwjack Posts: 5

Hello,

.  On Aug 8, 2015 I purchased a 12 month, 5 device license for F-Secure Freedome.  Today I had to reset my Windows 10 installation due to an unfixable problem.  All of my installed apps were removed. This has cost me one of my Freedome activations. I would like to be able to use this activation on the reinstall.  Can you help with this?  Thank you.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Rwjack,

Did you try to reinstall Freedome on your Windows 10 PC?

Do you get an error when you try to install on your 5th device?

• rwjack
    rwjack Posts: 5

I had not tried until just now.  It actually worked.  I guess I had expected it to fail after reading other forum posts on this topic.  Thanks for your help.  

• mrah
    mrah Posts: 1 New Member

Ben kirjoitti:

Hello Rlussi,

Currently every installation counts on your licence (including reinstallation).

It is not possible to see on which device your licence was used, or to reset it.

I'll send you a private message to try to solve your problem.

Is this still the case with multi device licenses for Freedome? I have a subscription for 7 devices but I just realized that I will soon need to change one of the devices. I think this would be also of interest to anyone with a broken or lost device.

So, how to deactivate/reactivate/transfer a multi device licence to another device?

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi mrah,

Yes, our RND is working on the license resetting. But even now, every installation counts on your licence (including reinstallation). In your case, please retry the validation of your code after you get your new device. If you see any error message during the license validation, please let us know and we will assist further.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info