Windows 10 problems

Hello everybody, 

I've been using F-Secure Internet Security on my desktop with Windows 7 for a while now, but after upgrading to Windows 10 I couldn't get it to work. I found my product code, so I figured uninstalling the software and installing it again would work. However, even after uninstalling with the official uninstaller, I still can't use my product key, because it is said to be already in use. I'm 100% sure it is the good code and I'm also completely sure that I've uninstalled everything before installing again. Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

Thank you

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    I haven't upgraded to Windows 10 yet, so I don't know if this issue is related to the upgrade, but usually, you would be given the option to re-use a licence key from a previous installation, when moving F-Secure from one machine to another, which is effectively what you're doing. Are you not being offered that option?
  • Khairul_A
    Khairul_A Posts: 78 Path Finder

Hi ErikHS,

Welcome to the F-Secure Community! :) Is it possible for you to send me a private message (PM) and include these info:

1. The product code that you mentioned.
    2. Did you purchase F-Secure Internet Security directly from us?
    3. If yes (refering to question 2), is it possible for you to provide the email confirmation number that you received when you purchased from us, and the email address used?

(Remember to private message me this info)

Best regards,

Khairul

• BVScott
    BVScott Posts: 2

I have the same issue.  I no longer have access to the old email account I purchesed it from.  Yet another disappointment from F-Secure.  I figured it wouldn't work.

• Khairul_A
    Khairul_A Posts: 78 Path Finder
    Hi BVScott,
    F-Secure SAFE should work when you upgrade from Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10, as long as you have the supported versions installed. Supported versions are 12.1 onwards (latest version is 15.3).

If you've purchased SAFE directly from us, you can give us the email you used when you purchased and we may be able to reset it to a new email that you can access.
  • BVScott
    BVScott Posts: 2

It's not SAFE it's Internet Security lifetime license. 

• Simon
    I think the same should apply. If you send them the subscription code, and the email address it was purchased using, via a support ticket, they should be able to sort it for you.
  • kris
    kris Posts: 38 Explorer
    ErikHS did you tried the last option which appears after inserting key when it says that license is already in use. it is something like use existing subscription or migrate subscription. I don't know exactly what that option was but I was having the same problem as yours. I clicked that last option and I got my subscription back
  • Jack
    Jack Posts: 69 Active Engager

I updated to windows 10 on my computer with F Secure running and had no problem, for those thinking about doing it.  I did not shut F Secure down.

• tebo
    tebo Posts: 3 New Member

Hi all, my F-Secure will not update since Windows 10.  I also keep getting reminders that my anti-virus and associated products are out of date.  Please help.

• Simon

Are you getting any error messages?  Have you tried manually updating, and if so, what happens?

• Jack
    Jack Posts: 69 Active Engager

I upgraded and it moved F Secure installed, so I had to do nothing.  That was one of the things that worked well!  I lost some of my older programs but F Secure worked fine

• tebo
    tebo Posts: 3 New Member
    No error messages just prompt from Windows to update. Manual update results in Fail!
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info