F-Secure Booster "Unknown Error"

I have entered the correct activation code in F-Secure Booster, but i get a message "Unknown Error. Contact F-Secure Customer Service"

I called them but was referred here.

Can some one please help?

Comments

• RobbyC
    RobbyC Posts: 4

Hi Ben

I happens when I enter the code. I can't take a screenshot for some reason - never have been able to on this laptop, but it literally says "Unkown Error. Please contact F-Secure Customer Service' under the activation code boxes.

• RobbyC

Hi Ben

Sorted! The TLS 1.0 wasn't checked and now it has worked. Many thanks for your help!!

Best regards

Rob

• Bazza300
    Bazza300 Posts: 2

As an OAP I am trying to resolve a very simular problem. I have purchased F-secure booster but the activation code will not work. Like the people above I get "unknown error" contact customer support.

I am running vista on my lap top. Can someone explain to this oldy in simple terms how I move forward.

• RobbyC

Hi Bazza

No problem - Open Control Panel then select Internet Options. Cleck the 'Advanced' tab. Scroll Down to Use TLS ...... and check the box. Click ok and try again - can't rcall if you need to reboot or just close Booster adn reopen it before it works. TLS provides a more secure connection protocol, so no worrries about that side.

Regards  RobbyC

• Bazza300
    Bazza300 Posts: 2

RobbyC,

Thanks for this info Robby, understood & followed your instructions all the way to a happy

conclution. All now up & running. This is my first time venturing into the community & with

all this knowledge out there I will be back with my next problem, but hopefully not to soon. 

regards

Bazza

• Smeden
    Smeden Posts: 5

I have the same problem trying to activate the program.

Check´t  the solution´s 68554 - 68555 - 68556 nothing work´s

Activation does not work.

Win 7 Pro 64bit - Google Chrome 64bit

Any one have a solution to activate F-Secure Booster

Regard´s

Smeden

• Smeden

Hi Ben

I tried all the solution´s  you listed in your reply. Nothing work´s

I still get "Unknown Error Please contact F-Secure personal"

My maskin run´s  Win 7 Pro 64bit  Google Chrome 64bit

F-Secure Internet Security 2015

What shall I do?

Regard´s

Smeden

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Smeden,

Resetting the Internet Settings as indicated should resolve most of the issues. 

Could you share a screenshot of the error(please edit the code from it if it is visible)?

Could you send me the subscription code and subscription information (email address) by private message so that I can check its status on our end?

• Smeden

Hello Ben

Cleverbridge Nr  xxxxx

Subscription Code xxx-xxxx-xxx

Regard´s

Rickard Grahm (Smeden)

xxxx@xxx.com

Win 7Pro 64bit   Google Chrome 64bit  Outlook2013

F-Secure Internet Security 2015

EDIT: Personal Identification Number

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Smeden,

Please send a PM (Private Message) to Ben in order to provide your subscription code and subscription information (email address) to check the status.

To send a PM: Click on the username (Ben) > On the right side, click on 'Send this user a private message' > compose your message and send it to Ben.

• [Deleted User]

Hello Smeden,

I checked your subscription code and it seems functional. 

Could you confirm that you followed the instruction in this Microsoft article.

Could you provide a screenshot of the error you receive?

• Smeden

Hi Ben

I´m using Google Chrome 64bit as my browser, but I switched to IE11 and check´t  the setting´s,

The same result 

"Unknown Error - Please contact F-Secure customer services"

I restarted the computer and tried again - The same result!

My maskin can´t be so special that this program does´nt work - there must be thousand´s like it.

Win 7Pro 64bit  Google Chrome 64bit  or  IE 11 32bit  16GB RAM 

F-Secure Internet 2015 - F-Secure Booster (so far only the free version)

This is weird - what´s the problem

Regard´s

Smeden

• Smeden

Hi Laksh

I have sent Ben the information.

Regard´s

Smeden

• Beginner
    Beginner Posts: 2 New Member

Hi!

I get the message "Unknown error" in trying to activate Booster. Community advice does not help. I uninstalled IE long time ago due to security problems. Using Chrome now. Is this a problem?

I created fsdiag-file. Is it of any help?

Best regards,

A

• Flyvapnet
    Flyvapnet Posts: 24 Explorer

Yesterday, 18th December, I had to close F-Secure Booster due to arriving visitors.  A few hours later, I attempted to re-start F-Secure Booster and instead of seeing the splash screen I was presented with a box which asked me to enter my activation code!  I did so and was shown the now-infamous "unknown error" message.  Many repeated attempts proved futile.

Cat Mad

I am presently using F-Secure Booster Version 2.3.2.868, the free (mostly useless) version because in desperation I'd resorted to uninstalling my paid version and perforce had to reinstall using the free version.  At that point, having faced the bamboozling "unknow error" box for the umpteenth time whilst  trying to activate the damned thing, I made the screen shot shown below in the wee hours of this morning:

Activate19DEC15.png

I received an electronic-mail message from "cleverbridge / F-Secure Corporation" on "Fri, 01 May 2015 10:35:28 +0000" titled "Reference [censored by me]: Your F-Secure Booster order" and it asserted I'd successfully paid for "F-Secure Booster ... 12 months for 1 computer"; and that would seem to indicate an ending date sometime around 1st May 2016 rather than 18th December 2015.  Wouldn't you agree?

Cat Frustrated

Having perused others' appeals for help in this matter--and having noticed the "TLS" box in my Internet Options was already checked/ticked--I thought it best to post this message and also send a private message to Ben containing specific code numbers.  One can't help but wonder why someone somewhere inside F-Secure Corporation thought it would be a good idea to change the playing field and turn satisfied customers into disgruntled ones.  Helpful/useful advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Cat Sad

• Flyvapnet

I'm not trying to be pushy, but is there no one who can provide a fix for this "unknown error" dilemma?  There's a new wrinkle:  I'm not able to use even the free version of F-Secure Booster!  All that appears is the non-functional Activation box which already has my correct code in it; and now (mysteriously) there's no longer an avenue to bypass that thing and start the free version, severly limited though it may be.  Apart from having come to rely upon F-Secure Booster's fully-functional utility, I'm also paying for it!  Have I stumped the experts?

Cat Frustrated

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Flyvapnet,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Regarding your query, could you please open a support request in order to investigate your issue further?

• Flyvapnet

Thank you, Laksh!  Indeed, I opened a support ticket a few days ago and am now waiting to discover how this problem will be addressed.

Cat Frustrated

• [Deleted User]

Hello @Flyvapnet,

There was a configuration issue on the server, that affected XP users. It should now be resolved.

Could you confirm on your side?

• Flyvapnet

Thanks a whole bunch, Ben, for your heartening reply!  I just now started F-Secure Booster and launched another activation sortie.  Guess what?  IT WORKED!  Yay!  I'm grateful to you and all the technical staff who were involved in the effort to solve this mystery.  I can't exaggerate how much I've missed having the full-tilt F-Secure Booster at my disposal.  Thank you (and your colleagues) again!

Cat Very Happy

This discussion has been closed.