Customer Care and F-Secure Booster malfunction

Recently I purchased, downloaded and installed F-Secure Booster (Version 2.3.2.544) and I liked it.  I'm not liking it so much anymore.  A pop-up box began to appear, asserting I'd passed the limit on numbers of computing systemsor words to that effect.  Since I've but the one computing system, I of course contacted Customer Care and included that file they wanted and my registration information.

They got back to me today:  "With regards of your inquiry. please kindly be advised that F-Secure Booster has its own community support channel through our Community page. Please state your inquiry there where product experts for the program will be able to assist you and share this knowledge with the rest of the F-Secure community."  That pass-the-buck response didn't strike this Customer as being what the word Care implies.

The interface for this Community message board isn't user-friendly, but hopefully I'm posting in the right place (as there's no F-Secure Booster forum).  Here are my two questions:

1.  Why can't Customer Care at least send me links relevant to my problem, since they're apparently not going to actually help me themselves?

2.  Whom, specifically and with a direct link to them, can I contact in order to get this "too many computers" problem sorted; and if no such persons exist, how do I get a refund?  (No buck passing, please; but if you must, at least provide direct links.)

Thank you for your attention to this disappointing matter.  Best wishes to you all; and I look forward to helpful advice.

Cat Frustrated

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name MRCAT-08607D7B3
System Manufacturer IBM
System Model 1847W76
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel ~1862 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date IBM 76ET69WW (1.29 ), 12/6/2006
SMBIOS Version 2.33
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
User Name MRCAT-08607D7B3\Joe
Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 1,536.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 300.23 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 3.60 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Sorry, this won't be as helpful as you are hoping, but I have referred this thread back to F-Secure support, as this would appear to be a licensing issue, which we cannot deal with on the forum for privacy and security reasons.

Lile yourself, I also cannot find any dedicated support channel for Booster in the forum.  We have one for Freedome and Key, but not, as far as I can see, for Booster.

Perhaps someone from F-Secure would like to address or comment on this?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Flyvapnet,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with this product and its support. 

You posted in the right place. Booster related posts should be done under our Home Security\Security board. This might change and the product get its own board if the traffic requires it in the future.

Could you provide me by private message your serial and username so that I check their status on our servers?

Also concerning refund, Cleverbridge AG is the F-Secure reseller and your partner for all purchases in our webstore. You can get a refund (30 days money back guarantee) by contacting them directly.

You should find the contact information on the communication you received from Cleverbridge.

• AJ1
    AJ1 Posts: 1

I am fed up with F Secure not helping.  They take your money and don't deliver ! 

How can I get it activated?  I have put in the correct code but it continues to say it is the wrong code.  Can I get a new code?

AJ1

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info