F-Secure Booster Activation

Hi, I've installed F-Secure Booster and appeared to have licensed it successfully, but once I restart the PC and try to launch the application it prompts for the license key again, and if I re-enter it tells me that I've "surpassed the maximum number of computers".

I've confirmed all IE settings are as per the advice on the relevant forums but still have the same problem. Please can anyone advise?

Many thanks in advance, Vince.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Vincedarbey,

Could you post a screenshot of the message you receive.

Do you receive it everytime you simply try to launch the application?

Could you send me by Private Message the username and serial you used?

• vincedarbey
    vincedarbey Posts: 4 Observer

Hi Ben,

yes this occurs whenever I try to launch the upgraded version of Booster - the free version works fine but obviously doesn't have the advanced features.

Screen shot of the error attached. I'll PM the username and activation key details.

Many thanks,

Vince.

Capture.PNG

• [Deleted User]

Hello Vincedarbey,

As seen on the screenshot, and on the error message there is a link "get help". You should be able to click it and on the following page reset your installation.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

• vincedarbey

Hi Ben,

that took me to the Simplitec REset Installations page, but didn't give me any options to reset the installation? - screen shot below...Capture.PNG

I've then logged in to the Simplitec site and it's not showing any prodcuts registerd to me within the ciustomer area...

Capture2.PNG

Kind regards,

Vince.

• [Deleted User]

Hi Vince,

I performed the reset on our side. Let me know if it helps with your installation.

• vincedarbey

Hi Ben,

unfortunately I've still got the same problem - licensing the product worked fine initially, cleaned up, installed new drivers & restarted the PC but now when I open Booster it prompts me to activate the license again, but then responds with the same "You have surpassed the maximum number of computers for F-Secure Booster" error.

Clicking on the " Get Help" option now takes me to a web page with a 404 error "Contract not found".

Please can I cancel this purchase and just  take a refund as I can't afford any more time trying to resolve this issue.

Many thanks,

Vince.

• [Deleted User]

Hi Vince,

If you want a refund, Cleverbridge AG is the F-Secure reseller and your partner for all purchases in our webstore. You can get a refund (30day money back guarantee) by contacting them directly.

Let me know if you still want to continue troubleshooting your issue.

• gypo0742
    gypo0742 Posts: 2

Hi Ben,

I have experienced exactly the same issues as Vince and taken the same steps to resolve matters. I am now also experiencing some inconsistent startup messages with my laptop. I would appreciate some assistance.

• [Deleted User]

Hi gypo0742,

Could you provide me by private message your serial and username so that I check their status on our servers, and try to reset it from there?

• gypo0742
    gypo0742 Posts: 2

Hi Ben,

PM sent.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Gypo0742

• voiceorion
    voiceorion Posts: 3 New Member

I have experienced exactly the same problems with my new F-Secure Booster like Vincedarbey had described  and went exactly through the same steps like him. Please BEN if you have solved Vincedarbey's F-Booster activation issues, you can also solve my problems. I like F-Secure Booster, but with these problems?
    Kind regards!

• [Deleted User]

Hello voiceorion,

Could you provide me by private message your serial and username so that I check their status on our servers, and try to reset it from there?

• [Deleted User]

Hi Voiceorion,

I have reset your serial, let me know if it helps resolve your problem.

• voiceorion

Man Happy

Hello Ben,

thanks very much, I'm happy again, the F-Secure Booster is "boosting" my PC again. It is working like I'm expecting it to do.  However the question remains: How long will the Booster keep on showing its true colours!

Kind regards

voiceorion

• Oldviking
    Oldviking Posts: 2

Hi.. I downloaded the F-secure Booster. installed the free version and then went to buy the activation code for it. When i tried to activate it it just told me "unknown error. Please contact support".

I have tried to copy paste it. Tried to write it.. Nothing helps.

Please aid me in this so i can start to boost my comp..

Regards

Oldviking

• voiceorion

After you have subscribed for your booster, do not apply your key immediately. You have to wait for a while, maybe an hour or so, then it should work.

• Oldviking
    Oldviking Posts: 2

Well.. now i waited for over 24 hours.. Not working.

Oldviking

• Leroy
    Leroy Posts: 1

Hi I have installed the Booster as an upgrade and now have lost my Safe Browser icon how do I get on line

• [Deleted User]

Hello Leroy,

Could you give us more information?

On which platform do you use booster? What is the operating system?

• bjokr
    bjokr Posts: 3 New Member

I have the same problem. Booster works on one machine but the license I bought is for 3 machines and I simply cannot make it work for a laptop. Both machines are running windows 10. I havn't got the time to debug your product problems and would like to have a clear way to solve the issue the next few days. Otherwise I will have to cancel the deal and get a refund.

Bjokr

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Bjokr,

May I know the exact error message you see when you try to activate your Booster?

• bjokr
    bjokr Posts: 3 New Member

The response is given in swedish: "Det angivna serienumret är ogiltigt. Kontrollera att du har angivit rätt serienummer"  and translate as: The supplied serial number is not valid. Check that you have given the correct number.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info