Why is F secure stopping mid scan and how do I fix it?

Lately when I have been running full system scans the scan nevar finishes, there is no error warnings or anything it just stops as if it is scanning a large file, it usually stops at about 75% completion, I have tried deleting the things it stops on but it just goes and stops elsewhere, I have only had this issue on full system scans though. Any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it? I have tried everything I can think of short of reinstalling the software.

Comments

• Having toyed around with this issue some more I have discovered everything is normal, but what I thought was freeze is just the scan slowing down to a crawl, it does eventually finish. But within a 12 hour time frame, mind you this is a system with a GHz 6 core CPU. So anything to help this would be much appreciated.

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

try a scan without archives

identify the problematic file by scanning the system in smaller parts.

What is that file?

• I am unable to really say the file it starts on, cause as I said I discovered it wasn't actually freezing but just slowing to a crawl in the scan. All is going as normal then about 75% through the scan it slows right down. I also don't see this archives thing that is mentioned. I am also using the "Charter SEcurty Suite"  version of F-secure.

• 2eemeli
    2eemeli Posts: 95 Enthusiast

What is the version you have?

Right click to the tray icon.

It could be your operator has a newer version but to figure that out you will need to contact support.

• I have actually resolved this with a completel uninstallation and reinstallation, Thank you for attempting to help though.

• 2eemeli
    2eemeli Posts: 95 Enthusiast

Hello Formula21,

completely uninstalling (UI tool) and reinstalling is always a good  option, reinstalling that way might solve quite many issues.

Just no one wants to to that without some very convincing arguments.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info