optprosetup.exe

Hi

I have F-secure on a Win 8.1 OS. 

It comes up with a warning saying "Spyware detected: Type adware Family: Name: Adware.Generic.1184023

Object: Object: C:\Users\Rasmus\Appdata\ Local\Temp\optprosetup.exe"

I can't delete the application in spite of the fact that my user accounts have full persmission to access the file. It says that I should have permission from the administrator, but that's me!

The warning box has become a permanent fixture. It can't be removed either. I wonder if it is a genuine F-secure warning or it has been taken over by the malware. There is no sign of PC Optimizer Pro in the task manager otr elsewhere that I´m aware of.

What can I do about the problem?

Best

Rasmus

Comments

• Rasmus
    Rasmus Posts: 4 New Member

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your prompt reply. The irony is that I already have Malwarebytes Pro running alongside F-secure. It donsn't detect this particular malware at all. I think optprosetup.exe came bundled with a program called drivermax that I was recommended.

I'll try your other advice.

• Rasmus
    Rasmus Posts: 4 New Member

Hi Simon

Safe mode did it. I have no idea how it seems to circumvent  what looks like a  permission issue.

F-secure was very insistent about this file - which is probably just as well. It came up every 5 sec and made work impossible. Thank you for your promt assistance.

Best Rasmus

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Glad that worked. I think I might be tempted to run the Online Scanner now, just to check there's nothing else lurking:

https://www.f-secure.com/en_GB/web/home_gb/online-scanner
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info