sim lock

Ok so I have anti theft set up on my phone and my phone was stolen on Sunday so I rang up my 02 provider and they blocked the sim and set up a new sim card, now my partner has a tracker device on mine and her phone and luckily I found my phone thrown in a bush. I inserted the new sim card and a message was sent to the phone number I used for security but my phone still worked ok for a while. Then last night the phone locked all out going and incoming txt and calls so again I got hold of 02 and they said the phone was part blocked and they would unblock it. I still can't use the phone. My question is have o2 blocked it or has my fsecure blocked it. If it is fsecure can o2 unblock it like they say or do I have to unblock it. Im confused. I know my fsecure password I just don't know what to do next
Thank you.

Comments

• tilly
    tilly Posts: 3
    I forgot to say I can still use wifi and my 02 data I am able to send messages throgh facebook messenger and all my other phone features work except mms sms and phone calls
  • Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    I'm not an expert on Mobile Security, but from what you've said, it seems everything is working except SIM services. That would suggest to me, logically, that the problem lies with O2, but, to be honest, I'm not sure which services F-Secure would block if Anti Theft was activated.

Can you open the F-Secure app on your phone? If so, does it give any information as to whether everything is active or anything blocked? Again, I would have thought it would be requesting the password if FS was blocking the phone.

Sometimes it can take up to 48 hours for a new SIM card to be activated by the network. In my experience, it's usually much quicker than that, but I guess it might be worth another call to O2, if you can't see any problems within the FS Security app.
  • tilly
    tilly Posts: 3
    My new sim was activated after 4 hours and worked fine. But then it just stopped working about half an hr after I put it in the phone. I can go onto the fsecure but it does not say anything.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi tilly,

The issue is most likely not linked to our Anti-theft, as a locked device can be unlocked only with the screen unlock pattern, pin or password that you have specified. 

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    I'm wondering if the IMEI number of the phone is still locked, following the theft report to O2? I'm not even sure if they can do that, but given everything else is working, other than SIM services, I still think it would be worth contacting O2 again.
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info