I forgot my security code F-Secure ANTI-THEFT.

Hey.

I have a Nokia 808 over two years. The problem is that I want to change the sim card, and I can not because the F-Secure asks for a security code. I do not remember the security code, so how to recover this code?  You can send a text message to the smartphone of the content # UNLOCK # to unlock it, but how?  Smartphone should send the unlock instructions for a trusted number, but they do not come to  my old phone number. 

So how do I retrieve the security code so that I could call the new number?

Or is it a universal code to unlock the F-Secure?

Please help me. :)

Greetings to all.

wyspian1 from Polish.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello @wyspian1 ,

No there is no universal unlock code for our product.

Unfortunately Mobile Security for Symbian has reached its end of life on December 31, 2014 (see this article).

You can try to follow the instructions provided as solution on this thread.

• Hönö
    Hönö Posts: 64 Contributor

You mean you will not help anyone who has Anti_theft anymore? So if I made the mistake of setting up Anti-Theft WITHOUT a secure number, I will simply lose all my data as soon as I change the SIM card to another one?

• [Deleted User]

Hello Hönö,

Note that my response above concerned only Symbian OS. For supported platforms, please follow this article.

• Hönö

My phone is a Symbian phone. So I will lose my data?

• [Deleted User]

If you change the SIM card, you can use the security code to unlock the phone.

You just need to be sure to remember it if you use Anti-theft on Symbian (unsupported platform).

• Hönö

OK, I forgot to repeat what the original poster said: I have Symbian and I have forgotten the security code and I never set a secure number. But do you really think I would be asking these questions if I still had my security code?

Is there any way to get out of this deadlock?

• [Deleted User]

I am sorry to say but in this case a reset would unfortunately be the way to get your phone unlock.

• Hönö

Ahh, still I forgot one important detail: my phone is no tlocked. So I have installed Anti-Theft, set it up without a secure number, then forgotten the security code, but I am still using my phone, it hasn't gotten locked yet. Is there any chance to get rid of AntiTheft without losing all other data in this case?

• [Deleted User]

If your phone is not locked,  make sure to have your data backed-up at all time.

Unfortunately to uninstall the product, the Anti-Theft security code is needed(see this article).

• Hönö

Well, I quess the question is this: if I reinstall Symbian Belle and then restore my data from backup, which part of the backup restore I have to skip so as not to bring Anti-Theft back?

• [Deleted User]

Unfortunately Anti-Theft is part of the firmware for Symbian Belle and cannot be dropped.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info