how to update f-secure internet security 2015 virus definitions database manually???

Can anybody tell me how to update internet security database manually?

Thank you

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Asanka,

Please refer to the following article.

Checking for updates manually

The product receives the latest updates automatically as soon as you are connected to the Internet. However, if you want to be sure and check that you have the latest updates:

1. Right-click the product icon in the system tray and select Check for updates from the pop-up menu that appears. The Checking for updates window is displayed.

The product checks for new updates and installs them immediately.

For further read you can also review this article.

Finally you can also use this tool on your machine.

• asanka
    asanka Posts: 24 Explorer

HI Ben,

Thanks for your reply.

when i run the "fsdbupdate9.exe",i'm getting the following error msg.

F-Secure Update Installer (1.06 build 112)
    Copyright (c) F-Secure Corporation 2011. All rights reserved.

-? for help

Wed Jan 14 16:05:48 2015 Could not get CCF AUA data directory
    Wed Jan 14 16:05:48 2015 Uncompressing...

TK

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Hi asanka!

Was just noticing that there was no activity after your last post, and I wondered if you managed to get this figured out?
  • asanka
    asanka Posts: 24 Explorer

HI

i'm still getting the same error msg when i update difinitions manually.is it possible to update f-secure internet security 2015 virus definitions database manually?

Thanks

• MatrixLeader
    MatrixLeader Posts: 29 Observer

You need to clear your current database updates first.

-Download and run fsaua-reset.exe from our ftp server.

When the command window opens, press Y. The program will close by itself.

-Download and run fsdbupdate9.exe which contains a new copy of the virus definitions.

Hi @asanka 

The current version of fsdbupdate9.exe (1.06.xx) is not compatible with Safe Anywhere PC 15.x series. We were going to release newer version of fsdbupdate9.exe (2.xx) but it had some problems and had to be delayed.

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• I have this same problem.

Though i know what's causing my F-secure Internet Security 2015 installation to act this way and it's that i've sysprepped my Windows 7 installation so that [Users] and [ProgramData] folders are on different drive apart from rest of Windows installation.

So my symptoms seem to be exactly the same as the OP of this thread.

-The Internet Security GUI check for updates goes this way. New window opens: (Connected   Downloading updates and the percentage bar which goes to 6% quickly and then back to 0%) and then after few seconds (Update check failed. Malfunction.)

-Fsdbupdate9 does also exactly the same thing as the OP of this thread

-? for help

Wed Feb 18 19:30:06 2015 Could not get CCF AUA data directory
    Wed Feb 18 19:30:06 2015 Uncompressing...
    Wed Feb 18 19:30:14 2015 Installing...
    Wed Feb 18 19:30:14 2015 Trying to stop AUA
    Wed Feb 18 19:30:14 2015 Multioperator support is available
    Wed Feb 18 19:30:14 2015 Current operator 666
    Wed Feb 18 19:30:14 2015 Could not get CCF AUA data directory
    ERROR: could not locate destination path (CCF AUA installation)

and with the -f flag

-? for help

Wed Feb 18 19:27:32 2015 Uncompressing...
    Wed Feb 18 19:27:46 2015 Installing...
    Wed Feb 18 19:27:46 2015 Trying to stop AUA
    Wed Feb 18 19:27:46 2015 Multioperator support is available
    Wed Feb 18 19:27:46 2015 Current operator 666
    Wed Feb 18 19:27:46 2015 Could not get CCF AUA data directory
    ERROR: could not locate destination path (CCF AUA installation)

So where should these folders be?

I've been trough my registry trying to search everything related to F-secure Internet Security and nothing seems to reference to a place that would not  exists on my Windows installation and also F-secure seems to have found my relocated ProgramData and Users, just the updates don't seem to find a place for them to reside at.

So what i've tried so far is to uninstall and reinstall F-Secure Internet Security 2015 countless of times with using the uninstaller coming with the install and also with the uninstallation tool you can download from f-secure website. So that didn't work

Also i've manually changed Enviroment Variables of Users and ProgramData to C: drive and then reinstalled and uninstalled F-secure with and without the uninstallation tool. Also this didn't solve the problem(Just caused everything else to crap out Smiley Very Happy), but had to test.

Also i've monitored disk activity while using fsdbupdate9 and seen it unpacking the files in Temp folder. In same non processed way the files can be unpacked from fsdbupdate9.exe with Winrar etc.

So i suppose there is some program in the folder what fsdbupdate9 nor the manual update trough the GUI can't reach which is meant to process the unpacked update files somehow for them to be actually installed? But since the location of my CCF AUA directory is yet to be found it doesn't function properly.

And it seems no one has a a fix for this as i've had email discussion with F-secure support about this problem earlier and they came up with nothing else that i need to reinstall my system without sysprep in order to get F-secure Internet Security 2015 working.

But this seems stupid as F-secure Internet Security 2014 worked just fine with this type of installation i have and i'm really unwilling to have Users and ProgramData on the SSD which is my C: drive since those folders get stupid ammount of writes.

So could this new version of fsdbupdate9 be a fix for this problem also ?

I have no problems of manually updating the database regulary if the updating just works Smiley Happy

Hi @Crowiel 

Good analysis of the problem.

First of all, there will be a maintenance release / hotfix that includes a fix for this ProgramData being in different folder that Program Files problem. Currently it looks like it may get released mid-March.

Second thing, the fsdbupdate9.exe 1.06.112 is not compatible with Internet Security 2015. The local folder and file structure has changed and even if it could find the correct place, it can not deploy the updates in a format that the product can use. I will check if we could hasten the release of the new fsdbupdate9.exe.

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info