Password for Browsing Protection of FS Protection

Hello, I need to set a password to protect parental control (blocking content or Browsing protection in general).
I do not want to create additional restricted accounts.

When FSP blocked some adult site - the child can put exception alone without limitations...

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    I don't believe you can. F-Secure's Parental Control links in with Windows accounts, so the only real way to make them effective is to also have restricted Windows user accounts.

Hi

Child must have a restricted account for parental control to work. If child has administrator rights, they can bypass the parental control in many easy ways:

• Uninstall software
    • Stop services
    • Kill processes

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• This not a solution for me. I do not wont to set restricted account.

I wont a master password to protect the entire program, like others companies.

(Kaspersky, Norton, and Forticlient 5 Free for example)...

Without pass child can't uninstal the program, and can't stop services and kill processes...

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

But also here can be.... situation (with password for Browsing Protection or FS Protection as full software), when kids just goes to use alternative browser (not supported by F-Secure or any other companies too) or another kind of browsers/steps - which able to do with account (as administrator-rights).

• OK, in this moment i still use FS Protection, but with Open DNS Parental control.

This discussion has been closed.