FS Protection Upgrades

Today's automatic upgrade went fine - no issues now with Malwarebytes.  thumb.gif

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Now also installed on Desktop, following notification of discontinuation of ISTP.

Installation was a little slower than ISTP, and once again required the removal of MBAM, which has been raised with the Beta team.  MBAM reinstalled after FSPTP.

Although I much prefer this colour scheme to that of the previous ISTP, I would personally prefer the systray icon to be a little larger, without the black background.  Given that the desktop icon doesn't have the black background, I'm not sure what the purpose of it is on the smaller systray icon, and in my opinion, it looks better without it (see image with 'customised' icon).

Untitled-1.jpg

The black background is just a workaround to make it look correct in white tray background. Otherwise the borders of the "screens", that are white, would be lost to the background. I guess another way would be to just have a black single-pixel border around the icon.

I just tested changing desktop background to solid white and the desktop icon has this problem.

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Yes, I can see that it would present that problem, Ville. I'm not sure how many users would have a solid white desktop background, though. I guess it's a problem with all icon designs, as there is always a risk of it 'disappearing' into a similar coloured background. A single pixel black 'border' might be one solution. :)
  • Tahvo
    Tahvo Posts: 45 Explorer
    I agree i liked the older theme. It was better than this violet orange Smiley Tongue
This discussion has been closed.