Antivirus F-Secure Safe

My computers Action Center says Antivirus not turned on yet when I click on " turn on now " F-Secure Safe is showing "Your computer is protected"

Which is correct?

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Hard to say, but something obviously isn't right. Do you have any other antivirus software on the machine, or did you have immediately prior to installing F-Secure? I'm wondering if something might be conflicting?
  • zorro
    zorro Posts: 5

I have windows defender and IObit Malware Fighter, could they be causing the problem?

• Simon
    I believe Windows Defender should have been automatically disabled when FS was installed. I would suggest disabling it now, and see if that solves your issue. I've never heard of the other one, so I've no idea on that, sorry, but generally, you shouldn't have more that one 'real time' scanner active, as they can cause conflicts, one exception being Malwarebytes, which is certified as compatible.
  • MargosDezerian
    MargosDezerian Posts: 113 Enthusiast

IObit Malware Fighter isn't good by the way,you can deinstall it.

• Margos, message received and understood, Thanks.

• -Johannes,

Thanks for reply. Yes I have followed suggestions and so far the  problem has not re-occured. 

Thanks again everyone for your help.

Zorro.

• Simon

Zorro, would you mind marking the post which helped most as the solution?  With no disrespect to Johannes, he was only asking if the problem was solved.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info