PDHanumanSvr running constantly at over 40% CPU

WIN8  - FSecure Internet Security>

I have this .exe running constantly and it is slowing my computer right down.

How do I get rid of this blockage?

Have to say, not too impressed with the live chat, it would be great if it actually worked but for that to happen, it might be a good idea to actually display a CAPTCHA so I could type it in the box.

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for questions/words... just for more background in your situation...

-> F-Secure Internet Security also can be with various versions, So if here will be stuck with situation - maybe will be helpful current information too.

-> Potentially if it some of latest versions... you not able to "kill" application/prevent it by F-Secure Internet Security if current application with malicious actions, which should be detected.

-> But if it malicious - you able to launch Full Scan for system and check.. if something will be detected.

If you already have experience with that... and F-Secure without any detections by Full Scan (with not-default settings around Manual Scanning, which able to edit by Computer Security - Settings and part about manual scanning with check last two options and uncheck first about known files).

-> You able to disabled current application by next steps:

Windows Firewall.

Re-check autorun settings of system and disabled current one.

Think.. about.. what if you know.. source of that process.

Potentially it can be normal application, but created worst.

So.. it's mean:

Steps, which can be helpful:

-> Open Task Manager -> page about Autorun -> disabled something related.

Check here Services.. with related "source".

Re-check "Scheduled Tasks".

Something other.

But if application required for something in your system (and it's not malicious) - something can be broken after that.

Sorry for not helpful reply.

• studiosoft
    studiosoft Posts: 4 Observer

Thanks for the reply.

I have done a full scan and nothing nasty was found.

According to Google, the process is associated with F-Secure.

It seems to show when I launch my Video editor (Powerdirector) and slows down the whole computer.

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Just some further info on the offending PDHanumanSvr.exe:

http://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/error-virus-removal/exe/windows/cyberlink/cyberlink-powerdirector-9-deluxe/pdhanumansvr-exe/

Have you tried shutting down the connected program (Cyberlink PowerDirector 9 Deluxe), assuming you have it installed, and then disallowing it from starting with Windows?

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

It seems to be related with a CyberLink product:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7525.page

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I've just seen your other reply.  :)

Do you have any evidence that F-Secure may be causing the issue?  Have you tried to launch PD with F-Secure temporarily disabled?

I would recommend the best method of contacting FS Support is via a Support Ticket.  The Chat service has it's ups and downs, I think it's fair to say.  Smiley Wink

• studiosoft
    studiosoft Posts: 4 Observer

Thanks for all of the replies.

I have only got the information from Google that the process is F-Secure related.

The Power Director programme does not auto start and the process only runs when I import media. Further searching shows there is a connection with Powerdirector although the information available is quite limited.

I will contact the Powerdirector forum and see if they can shed any light on the matter, thanks again for the replies.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hey studiosoft!

Did you get any insight to this issue?  Please update us when you do!

// Chrissy

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info