Having active subscription, but service has been denied

I have an active subscription trough the app store for my iPhone (which is still active), but all of a sudden Freedome tells me that my subscription has been expired while i have paid my bill. Is this a joke? Time to get Cloak instead of Freedome Smiley Sad

Comments

• Bayani
    Bayani Posts: 58 Enthusiast

Hi Yzord,

That's strange, did it happen suddenly when paying a bill?

How long time have you got left from your Freedome subscription?

• Yzord
    Yzord Posts: 12

I already have a recurring subscription from March and always paid my bills. So I don't know what is going on, but it is really annoying to know that i have paid and can't use it. I don't trust the system anymore.

Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 10.30.17.png

• Yzord

Hello, is there somebody? I need support about this, but no support at all. I want my service please, i paid for it. Tell me where to go to get support.

• Bayani

Just forwarded this case to our technicians.

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

• Tapsa
    Tapsa Posts: 82 F-Secure Employee

We need more information to investigate this further. We have contacted you with a private message here in our Community, so please could you check your private messages and get back to us?

Yours,

Tapio

• Yzord

I have send the log file. From what i could see it says:

Got notification of a purchase, which user has not tapped. May be some old purchase is getting verified.

• Tapsa

We're investigating this issue, thank you very much for the logs. We already can see that this is a very rare problem that we haven't seen before so we need a little time to investigate what has gone wrong. 

Yours,

Tapio

• Yzord

it has been 8 days now and it is still not working. Sended a PM this morning, no reaction at all.

Although it is a very rare problem and i understand that they might need some time, but a little communication would be nice.

• Bayani

@Tapsa Any progress in this case?

• Bayani

Hi Yzord,

I got answer that our research team is still investigating and need more time to find a solution.

Could you also please confirm that your device is not jailbroken?

• Yzord

The device was jailbroken, but because i need this vpn (automatically connect when you put your phone on) i have reinstalled iOS without jb. Same results.

• Bayani

Got an answer now. Please try to restore your purchases again (Subscription > Restore purchases link) and sign-in with the apple ID in which you did the initial purchase.

• Yzord

I guess this is a joke, isn't? Did you see my screenshots on the first page? How come i see the subscription in the App store? Because I use my original apple ID. I have no other.

• Yzord

Any news? This takes a long time now Smiley Sad

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Yzord,

sorry for the delay, but I can assure you at least that this is being actively worked on.  I'll be checking in with the Freedome team and keeping you apprised of the progress.  Thanks so much for your patience - it seems this issue was entirely unexpected.

// Chrissy

• thebarra
    thebarra Posts: 1

I have free subsription up to jan 2015. However on one of my devices it informs me that I am not protected and that my subscription has expired....

• Richtex
    Richtex Posts: 3

I renewed my subscription for F-Secure for Mac and got Key code.  Entered Key code and only can get continuing hanging message: Waiting for the server to validate the subscription key.  The Key status does not change and the software remains non-renewed.  Any suggestions.  Can not reach Support desk on chat line...that hangs too.

• Yzord

This is really getting ridicoulus. We are a month further and no support AT ALL!!!! I keep paying for my subscription, but i cannot use the service. It sounds like a scam to me and I am going to warn everyone trough the app store for this.

One month....are you all sleeping there?

• Tapsa

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delays with this case. We have investigated this but unfortunately we still haven't been able to figure out what has caused this problem. We aren't aware of any other similar cases from our users, so there is something very unique involved here. 

I'll contact you again by private message with some specific questions for you.

Yours,

Tapio

• Yzord

Deinstalled it and stopped my subscription. Really SAD to see this doesn't even get any priority.

Very bad support from F-Secure. I think twice next time when i see a product of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info