where are my old settings??? 2012 killed all my settings from 2011!!! :(((

hi people!

i just updated my internet security from 2011 to 2012 on win7.

all was going right... except the handling of my old settings for all scan types, the firewall and the exception of certain data i just don't want to scan and kill... the installation routine even didn't ask me whether i want to keep them and killed them! much work to reconstruct them!!! Smiley Sad((

is it possible to recreate this settings in a fast method?

best regards

Comments

• forget it!!!

i did it myself from the start!

very bad and a time killer!

• hi matthias,

as i wrote yesterday i did the whole configuration procedure again from the start!

and it is a lot of work - especially the firewall-settings, because i'm in a larger network here... luckily i made some screenshots from the whole settings...

and i guess i have to do this again on another PC here in our network where f-secure is installed, too... Smiley Sad

but i hope this will not happen now every new time i upgrade my f-secure (this is my 5th upgrade and it never happenend before! very bad indeed!)

but thank you for your reply anyway

und nun nochmal auf deutsch: vielen dank für deine nachricht! Smiley Wink

beste grüße, jürgen

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

FSIS is NOT designed for business use and esp not for larger Networks!

Use Client Security with centralized management or PSB instead and you are not only done with all your clients at the same time but also for upgrades!

Yes it is more expensive than FSIS, but I think less than your work! Please check my PM.

Greetings from Hamburg

• Sami_Visti
    Sami_Visti Posts: 56 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Joern and others,

Setting migration functionality will be rolled out to F-Secure Anti-Virus 2012 and F-Secure Internet Security 2012 customers as service release early next year. 

Regards,

Sami

• hi sami,

good to know this!

thank you for you input.

best regards,

joern

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info