extension or renewal subscription with reduced price

I have a 3-PC subscription (Windows 7)  on internet-security and can renew it:for a reduced price.

- question 1: During the renewal process I see that can extend my 3-PC subscription to a 6-PC subscription. Does the reduced price holds for all 6 PCs?

- question 2: Can I extend my 3-PC subscription on a later date to e.g.. a 4-PC or 6-PC subscription? If so, does the price I have to pay equals to the renewal price (so a reduced price) and does the subscription for all PCs ends on the same date?

Regards, Hansvw

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I don't think that's something we can answer here without knowing the terms of the discount offer.  Where are you getting the reduced price from?

• Hansvw
    Hansvw Posts: 4

I was referring to the usual discount F-secure gives when you start the process of renewing the subscripion.

• Simon
    OK, sorry, I wasn't aware that they did that. I think it's probably best that someone from F-Secure answers the question about the discounts, but with regards adding devices to a licence, usually, you can add up to the maximum number of devices per license at any time during the period of the subscription, but adding a device at a later date will not extend the subscription for that device.

So, if you have a year's subscription which starts in, say, June, and you add another device in December, that 'new' device will still only be licensed till the following June.
  • EmilL
    EmilL Posts: 16 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Hansvw!

1. If you order a renewal of Internet security for 3 computers and activate it on one of these where Internet security will expire soon. Then you are going to add the new time for 3 computers. You dont extend the amount of computers. Basically you will get the new year/years + the days left on the old subsciption for 3 computers. Not for 6.

2. No, you cant extend the active key. You can however order a new 1/3 computer key. So you do get F-secure for 4/6 computers. But it will not be the same key. It will be two.

If you are planing to extend the license key for more amout of computers. Then I would recommend F-secure safe.

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/safe

With Safe, You can now order F-secure for 3 computers. If you later on want to exent your order. Then you can do it.

With safe you still get Internet security if you install it on a windows computer. You can read more about it on the link I sent.

Br

Emil

• Hansvw

Emil, thanks for your answer.

On topic 1, when I go to my subscriptions and selects that I want to renew, I receive a window with several possibilities. When I select (Internet security) for 3PCs for 3 years, I receive a new window.

In this new window I see the costs for the product: renewal of the subscription for 3 PCs for 3 years with a unit price mentioned.

There is a box next to the unit price mentioning "amount". When I select 2, the window mentiones that I selected two products "renewal of the subscription for 3 PCs for 3 years with a unit price".

What does this mean?

-

• Hansvw

explanation of my previous reply:

What does this mean:

a: a subscription can be chosen for 3 PCs for a period of 6 years?

b: a subscription can be chosen for 6 PCs for a period of 3 years?

Gr.

Hans

• Simon

I don't think F-Secure offer either 6 year licenses, or single licenses for 6 machines on the retail versions.

You can license 6 machines for 3 years each, by purchasing 2 licenses, each being 3 years for 3 machines, or I guess you could license 3 machines for 6 years by purchasing 2 licenses and adding them both to the same 3 machines, but I'm not sure why anyone would want to do that.

Perhaps we could be of more help if you explain what exactly you want to do?

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info