F-secure Tablet Security

I have F-Secure tablet security installed on my Samsung Tab2 7. Everytime I turn the Tablet on F-Secure starts an anti-virus scan even though I have setttings set to weekly scan.

Comments

• Bayani
    Bayani Posts: 58 Enthusiast

Hi djrw,

Does the scanning process pop up immediately when you start your tablet? Or does it run in the background so you need to open F-Secure first in order to see the scanning process?

Could you try to turn off the scheduled scan (weekly scan) to see whether the same issue occurs or not?

• djrw
    djrw Posts: 20 Observer

Yes scan starts immediately and I see message 'Scheduled scan started'. Turned scheduled scan off in settings and restarted tablet but get exactly the same result.

• Bayani

That's odd. Of course, scheduled scan should not trigger when it's turned off. And the "scheduled scan started"-message is coming from F-Secure or could it be from some other software vendor?

If it does come from F-Secure I would suggest reinstalling our software and see if it helps.

• djrw

Tried re-installing via Virgin Media link but this still does not work (previously reported) stil get message 'Unfortunately F-Secure mobile security has stopped'.

Installed F-Secure security for mobile/tablet from Play-Store but still get the scan activating whether scheduled scan is set up or not.

• djrw

Changed scheduled scan settings from default of weekly/friday/12.00 and this appears to have resolved the issue. However still get random scan of memory card ie runs when I turn on Tablet but not every time.

• Bayani

Ok, good to hear that it works better now. Try to use your tablet as normal for a while and see how it developes. If problem persists you can contact our support so we can create a ticket for further investigation.

• djrw

Problem still persists with scan runni g daily even though frequency set to weekly.

• EmilL
    EmilL Posts: 16 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello!

Just to check so we didn't misunderstood your questions. Is it when you reboot the tablet it starts a scan, or is it when you just start up the scren from "sleepmode"?

If it is after a reboot, then this is normal. It will alsways scan your device after a reboot to check if its safe. At the moment there is no option to disable it.

Br

Emil

• djrw

It's on a reboot. So what is purpose of the settings option within virus scan. I'm getting somewhat disillusioned with F-Secure via Virgin Media portal.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello,

There are different types of scanning by Anti-virus module in Mobile Security.

1. Real-time scanning: Files are automatically scanned when they are installed on the device. Memory cards inserted are scan automatically as well.
    2. Manual scanning: You can start scanning the device and memory card from the application UI.
    3. Scheduled scanning: You can schedule scans to run automatically at regular intervals from the setting page.

The scanning start automatically on system boot is not scheduled scanning but the Real-time scanning, it will always start automatically after memory card detected. You can stop this scanning by opening the scan task and select Stop scan option.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info