F-secure can´t be started

Hello,

I get a message ,when running Computer Safety, saying " the program can´t be started. Reboot and try again" I have done so but the same happens again. Accually I have tried several times.

Up till now the program has worked excellent.

What to do ?

Best regards

Lars (sellosa)

Comments

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

I assume you mean Computer Security and not Safety. I think you should first try a re-install:

• pied
    pied Posts: 1

f-secure will not load up on my computer paid for 3/29/14,if you can`t not load on computer i need my money back today.

• JohannesL
    JohannesL Posts: 38 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi, pied & sellosa!

Sorry to hear that you have experienced issues with F-secure.

Have you tried the solutions in the above post from NikK?

If so, how did it go?

Does the problem still occur?

• sellosa
    sellosa Posts: 4

@JohannesL wrote:

Hi, pied & sellosa!

Sorry to hear that you have experienced issues with F-secure.

Have you tried the solutions in the above post from NikK?

If so, how did it go?

Does the problem still occur?

Hello, 

After resinstallation of the last version , suddenly there pooed up a message saying a new version is availble, the program works OK on my computer. However my licence includes the program for 3 PC's, whwn I try to install it on my wife`s PC, which at the moment run a test version of Avast Internet Security unning of in week, the program downloads but then there is a message the installation didn´t install. I have tried severeal timed howver no success. I havew not uninstalled the Avast program yet. What to do ? / Lars-Olof (sellosa)

• JohannesL

Hi, sellosa!

Make sure that Avast is uninstalled from the computer before you try to install F-secure on it because it can create conflicts between the programs and  can even makeso that you cant install F-secure.

Thanks!

• sellosa

@JohannesL wrote:

Hi, sellosa!

Make sure that Avast is uninstalled from the computer before you try to install F-secure on it because it can create conflicts between the programs and  can even makeso that you cant install F-secure.

Thanks!

Hello,

Now I have removed Avast Internet Security 2014 and tried to install F-secure Internet Security 2014, however the message shows up The installation didnt succeed. I have a valid key and I have paid 1 year for 3 PC.  F-Secure has been installed on 2 PCs. What to do ?

/sellosa

• NikK

1. Sometimes a normal remove isn't enough. Follow the instructions in this thread to download and run the specific Avast uninstaller:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security/Removing-other-Antivirus/td-p/33593

2. Verify that all Windows Updates are installed

Then reboot and try installing F-Secure again.

• sellosa

@NikK wrote:

1. Sometimes a normal remove isn't enough. Follow the instructions in this thread to download and run the specific Avast uninstaller:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security/Removing-other-Antivirus/td-p/33593

2. Verify that all Windows Updates are installed

Then reboot and try installing F-Secure again.

Hi,

I have done what you recommend, but still the program doesn´t install. 

What to do next ?

/sellosa

• NikK

Then please provide the following information so we may help you better:

• When in the installation process does the message appear
    • What exactly does the message say
    • What OS and version is the PC running, including Service Pack version (SP). Example: Windows 7, SP 1
    • Are there any other security products installed
  • Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

In addition to NikK's advice, another thing to try would be to run the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool - that is, assuming you have no other anti-virus software on the machine.  Although F-Secure didn't install, it may still have left part of the installation on the machine - the uninstallation tool will enable you to start again with a completely fresh installation.

• EmilL
    EmilL Posts: 16 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello,

Please try our uninstallation tool that Simon recommended.

If the issue persist. Then we would need a diagnostic file from you to look deeper into the issue.

If the installation fail after you enter your subsciptions key. Then F-secures launch pad is installed.

Windows start -> All program -> F-secure -> Support tool -> start -> after a while you will have a FSDIAG saved on your desktop.

If the installation fail before you can enter your subscription key. Then you need to download this program from our FTP:

ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools/fsdiag/

Press on the "fsdiag.zip" och extract the ziped file. In foulder you will find a "fsdiag.exe" or "fsdiag - Program". Run that one and you will start the tool. After some minutes you will have a FSDIAG saved on your desktop.

Create a case on this page:

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact/request

There you can attach the diagnostic fil into our support. When its done, you'll get a mail with a case number. Please attach it in here so we can check the diagnostic file

Br 

Emil

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Sellosa,

We just wanted to do a follow up on this thread to see if your issue been resolved. Is there a case number created for this issue as recommended by EmiL?

Thanks.

• NikK

@sellosa Please update the forum so other users with similar problems can see how you solved it.

If you still have problems, let us know so we can help you.

• JohannesL

Hi, sellosa!

Are the problem solved or does it still occur?

If it is solved then please provide the information NikK asks in the topic above.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info