Scheduled scanning after inactivity won't start

Hi!

I'm currently using the trial version of F-Secure Antivirus 2011. When I set automatic scanning to be triggered by inactivity it won't start. If i set it to be triggered at a specific time however, it does work. I checked Windows Task Scheduler and found the scanning task was set to be triggered at 00.00 the day I had chosen. Further conditions were to wait for 5 minutes of inactivity. It was also set to wait for inactivity for 999 minutes. I'm not sure what this means. Does it mean that the task has a window of 999 minutes after 00.00 to be triggered? Will it not start after that? Anyway, I've tried leaving the computer on overnight in case it had to be on at 00.00, but that didn't work. I'm using Windows 7. Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

Hi,

before we go into this please use the 2012 trial to see if the problem still reproduces.

BR

• Johan
    Johan Posts: 4

I tried downloading the trial version installer again but I can only get 2011. On the page it says the trial version will be 2012 but after I put in my information it says it's downloading 2011. I there some other way I can get 2012?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Johan,

F-Secure Internet Security 2012 30-days trial.

Installing F-Secure Internet Security 2012 with your subscription key.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• Johan

Well, since I've never used any product from F-Secure before, I don't have a subscription key. And in the trial version of Anti-Virus there is no subscription key, just a dash (-) in the settings tab "subscription". I can't continue with the installation without putting something in, so what do I type? And should I uninstall the trial version of Anti-Virus before installing Internet Security?

Also, I'm not interested in the Internet Security Suite, just the Anti-Virus. But I guess I can be convinced that the schedueled scanning works the same in both products.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Johan,

Please get your F-Secure Internet Security 2012 30-days trial here.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Jayson

• Johan

So I clicked the new link you gave me, put in my name and email and downloaded the installer, which had the same name and size as the last one I tried by the way. I uninstalled the trial version of F-Secure Antivirus 2011, ran a registry scan with CCleaner and restarted my machine. I exited most of the programs running and clicked the installer. Same thing happened, it installed Launch Pad and then prompted my for a subscription key. There was no way to bypass this prompt, I could only close it down. I searched Launch Pad to see if I could find a key somewhere or another way to launch the installation and found nothing. I looked through the instructions in the mail with the link for the installer, it said that there was no need for a subscription key when evaluating the product. But unless I'm missing something obvious here, there is no way to progress without a key.

I have moved on to the trial of Bitdefender 2012 but I would still like to get F-Secure working since I don't like how Bitdefender forces you to uninstall Malwarebytes. So, is there some button or option I could be missing? Do I need to do anything special before trying to install? Is this software not compatible with 64-bit Windows? Why is this so much trouble?

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info