Since OnlineSafety 1.45.13354 update I can't get straightforward FTP to work. Why?

Since OnlineSafety 1.45.13354 update I can't get straightforward FTP to work. I'm using Windows XP (SP3) and my long established Network Places will not connect - I receive an error message claiming I dam not allowed to access the folder. It works fine on a computer using Internet Security 2011 . I've tried with the Command Prompt and I can log in to an FTP server but can transfer nothing. Should I unistall and reinstall 2011? Or is there away to get rid of the Online Security?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Senex,

Thank you for your post.

I have moved this post to Protection board.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• [Deleted User]

Hi Senex,

Could you try this:
    - Open F-Secure Launch pad.
    - Online Safety > Users
    - Turn off Web page filter.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• Web page filter was already turned off before problem occurred . Apologies for not responding sooner.

• I've tried everything I can think of. Turned options off. Added Firewall rules. (Turning the Firewall off makes no difference) Used different FTP clients (with/without application control). I get files either not uploading or partially uploading. Downloading seems to be OK with FireFTP and FileZilla but uploading is a nightmare. I've been using F-secure for 10 years now and I'm thinking of moving unless this is solved soon, or someone can tell me an easy way to upload files to web sites.

Senex = SenexDomum (I seem to have screwed up my original account on this forum.)

• I have just uninstalled Online Security and the problem has disappeared. I think I can manage without Online security as long as I have Computer Security. Is there anything about doing this that should worry me?

• [Deleted User]

Hi SenexDomum,

I have tried to reproduce the issue in our test enviroment but failed. I am able to upload successful with no errors.
    FSIS 2012 with Online Safety 1.45 build 13354. (Default settings and Web page filter ON)
    FileZilla Client 3.5.1

Uninstalling Online Safety is not a recommended step, you have removed the Browsing Protection and Web page filter, our first line of defence against internet threats.

I would suggest you to open a Support Ticket for further investigate. Kindly attach a FSDIAG together with your ticket. 

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info