release 2.08 mystery

it seems release 2.08 is available, downloading related installer only gives "validation successful your license infos have been updated".

what the hell does this mean ? is this an update or not ?

Comments

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser

update: I had to uninstal then re-install F-SIS to get 2.08 installed and working...

• yeoldfart

hello

thx for your reply, yes I did uninstall the previous version with the dedicated uninstall tool and CCleaned the registry. I dld 2.08 from the beta console rls part: I may have been over zealous Cat Wink I'll wait for the popup prompt next time.

Regards

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Just to clarify, we're talking about TP108, yes? Not sure what you mean by '2.08'.
  • yeoldfart

sorry, you are right: I mistyped it and didn't notice it afterwards, it's TP108

Hi

You can not upgrade the software by running the installer again. When you run the installer, it just validates your subscription. I understand that this is confusing but it has to work this way due to other use cases, which are not valid in beta.

You can only upgrade it by waiting for the upgrade prompt or by uninstalling and reinstalling completely.

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• yeoldfart

thank you for this explanation, you're right: I was confused as this is unusual, I didn't meet this when testing either NIS 2014 nor Bullguard IS 2014 or using other software.

Glad to have learned something today.

Regards

This discussion has been closed.