F-Secure wont respond.

Im trying to open f-secure from trigger application but nothing is happening.

I was wondering if i had some kind of virus in my PC because i had this weird thing with my PC. My screen suddenly goes black and i cant do nothing and i have to force my PC to shutdown. Any ideas what might be wrong with my F-Secure and PC?

Comments

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

It might be malware, but it might also be something else like a Windows problem.

Not sure exactly what you mean with "open f-secure from trigger application", do you mean from the launch pad?

launchpad_new.png

I suggest you start by scanning your PC with these scanners:

https://www.malwarebytes.org/free/  

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/

Give Kudos to say "thanks". Click "Accept as Solution" to inform others when your issue's been solved

Need more help? Submit a Support Request or chat with or call F-Secure support. Or try the User Guides

• tonsa1
    tonsa1 Posts: 4

I think im trying to open the launch pad itself, when you go to f-secure file you scroll down and you see that "trigger" which is supposed to open it but it just doesnt do anything, neither does any other application in f secure file. when i try to open it my cursor changes to the hourglass and then goes back to normal, thats all it does. 

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Probably it's normal behavior.

Manual launch for trigger.exe can be just with "special" parametrs, but not sure in that fact.

Anyway - you can try to create parametrs for trigger.lnk by hand or find any other variants for Launch F-Secure scan.

It's can to do by command line or another steps for start working with UI.

But what version of F-Secure you have?

Also about malware - in that description about black-screen... can be just troubles with hardware (or another something).

But... you of course... try to check "autorun"-settings in system (it's can to do by msconfig or regedit - if you use Windows).

• NikK

I'm sorry but I don't understand "go to f-secure file you scroll down and you see that "trigger"

Try double-click the F-Secure icon on your desktop, or Start - All Programs - F-Secure, or click the F-Secure icon in the system tray next to the clock in the bottom right corner of the screen.

But I think you should start with scanning with the other products I mentioned. They are both good, free products that can remove infections if any are found.

If your PC is infected with malware, it might block F-Secure from opening.

• tonsa1

i did full pc scan and it didnt really find anything. any other suggestions? it says the current version is 1.99.192.0 i didnt find anything else

• NikK

Your version is the latest version. I assume you were able to finally start F-Secure and the full pc scan was done with F-Secure?!

The other suggestions was to scan with these:

https://www.malwarebytes.org/free/  

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    In addition to NikK's advice, I would initially suggest reinstalling F-Secure as that may fix the launch issue.
  • tonsa1

I did the full pc scan with that microsoft safety scanner, you gave me the link. and im not sure how can i re-install f-secure without using a new code can you help me with this?

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    If you are using F-Secure SAFE, you need to login to your SAFE portal and reinstall from there. If you're using a standard retail version, you can get the installer from the Downloads link at the top of the forum. If you initially reinstall over the top of the current installation, you shouldn't need to enter a license key, and if you install through the SAFE portal, you shouldn't need one anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info