F-Secure Online Scanner - BSOD 0x000000124

Start scan and crash system (always!)

F-Secure Online Scanner - BSOD 0x000000124

Windows 7 64 bit

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Can you give us some more information, such as which browser you are using, whether you have an F-Secure product installed on your machine, or whether there are any other anti-virus products installed?

• BadgerWOO
    BadgerWOO Posts: 1

I have identical BSOD stop 0124 problem .... Failed once with Chrome running and once with no browser at all running.

Immediately suspected F-Secure Online Scanner as it's never done this before and is normally a very stable system.  This happened both times during memory tests at the start of the scan.

Per your request earlier, I have Chrome, Dragon, Firefox and IE8 loaded, default browser is Chrome.  

Internet security is through Comodo Internet Security Premium also running Windows Firewall and Windows Defender.

Other security apps include CCleaner, Malwarebytes and IOBIT Advanced System Care.

I have no other F-Secure products loaded on my machine.

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Oddly, and perhaps irrelevantly, I actually now have the same (or similar) problem with Kaspersky's Online Scanner.  I have F-Secure on both my Windows 7, and Windows 8.1 machines, as well as Malwarebytes, and it runs fine on the Windows 7 machine, but always crashes the Windows 8.1 laptop.

I don't particularly need to run it, so I gave up and removed it in the end.

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

This thread at sevenforums says BSOD Stop 0x124 is hardware related. And this article at PC Support says some viruses can cause BSOD, especially ones that infect the master boot record or boot sector.

If it is hardware related, booting to Safe Mode would load less drivers than normal which might help evade the problem.

More info and tips here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/stop-0x000000124-and-stop-c0000135-bsod-windows-7/2db384e8-e147-48d2-8d28-db2986bb00ba

Also you could check the logs in Event Viewer for perhaps more information.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Maybe current things already have in any instructions and descriptions for BSOD-reasons (which usually always close to same);

Just because - you have CCleaner and Comodo.

What about if... it BSOD related with:

- Caching history/troubles...... and F-Secure Online Scanner goes to place, which already "cleaned";

- Just hook by Comodo.. during scan current memory-process (or other critical memory-process);

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info