OnlineSafety 1.45.13354 update needs computer restart

Today F-Secure downloaded an update to Online Safety that requires a restart of the computer, I'm just wondering why is this and can I expect  updates that require  restarting my computer in the future as well.

Also, I dont even use online safety since I dont need the help of F-Secure to restrict my computer usage

Comments

• Janiashvili
    Janiashvili Posts: 454 Adventurer

Hey, those usually are hotfixes, so later they will not be, or will be very rarely.

Online safety does block "harmful" websites, thus it is not only restricting you but protecting.

Cheers, 

G. J.

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

Hi,

There were some more modules that needed updates and you will receive the 2012 update also some time these weeks. But you should be able to delay the reboot.

What modules do you use?

BR

• patet
    patet Posts: 57 Explorer

I'm not sure what you mean by modules, I'm already using FSIS2012.

FSIS just popped up saying I need to restart my computer for an update to take effect and that the update is for Online Safety, then I went to the logfiles and saw that the update is OnlineSafety 1.45.13354.

Just wondering since this has never happened to me before.

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

Hi,

you wrote that you are not using online safety, so what modules are you using, what settings are active?!

some modules need to be replaced during reboot to protect you, so as long as you do not reboot the old ones are still active. you should store your work and reboot asap!

BR

• patet
    patet Posts: 57 Explorer

Well, actually the malware protection part of it is active, but nothing else. Just wondered what the update was about since this was the first time this has happened to me while using F-Secure products.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info