How to install F-Secure SAFE on your PC - for Virgin Media customers
To install F-Secure Internet Security for SAFE on your computer, we recommend to first uninstall any other Anti-Virus products.
If you are using Virgin Media Security, please follow the steps below.
In case you use any other Anti-Virus software, please uninstall it following the vendors’ instructions.
Afterwards, please continue with the installation of F-Secure Internet Security.
Please check out our introduction video, which shows the installation process
We recommend to update Windows before installing F-Secure Internet Security.
1. Click start, navigate to the control panel, System and Security, Windows Update.
2. Install all important updates
3. Restart your computer when prompted
Removing Virgin Media Security
1. Download Virgin Media Uninstaller Tool: http://dl01.radialpoint.net/Virgin/Uninstall/UserCommunity-Uu-RpsUU.exe
2. Close open applications and save your work (e.g. Office documents)
3. Double-click the downloaded file (UserCommunity-Uu-RpsUU.exe) and follow the instructions.
4. Please wait for the uninstallation to finish. Do not switch off your computer as it will be restarted automatically once it has been completed.
Installing F-Secure Internet Security
1. Go to F-Secure MySafe Portal: https://mysafe.f-secure.com/login
- If you have not created an account yet, please register to the portal first
- Virgin Media customers: Please register only by following the link from your Virgin Media portal.
2. Enter your email address and password.
- Click forgotten password if you do not remember your MySafe password.
3. Click the install button at F-Secure Internet Security
- You will be prompted to install either to "This device" or "Another device"
- Select "This device" if you want to install F-Secure Internet Security on the computer you have used to access the MySafe portal
- Select "Another device" if you want to install F-Secure Internet Security on a computer you have not used to access the MySafe portal
4. Enter a name for your device, e.g. Johns Laptop and click "add". This allows you to later easily identify the computer in your MySafe portal.
5. Confirm the download.
6. Follow the download instructions and start the installation
7. Follow the installation instructions (Language selection, End User License terms, etc.)
8. The installation will prompt for a restart, if needed.