Installing F-secure on an ipod touch

I am trying to install F-secure on my daughter's ipod (ios7). I have tried via sending an email to the ipod and by using the ipod directly but in both cases I get a message telling me that Safari cannot download the file.

(Actually I found the F-secure main page confusing as I was not clear if I should be using an apple link or a tablet link - the mobile/ tablet link demands a phone number which presumably many tablets won't have?).

Help gratefully received!

Comments

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

F-Secure does not have an anti-virus product for iOS. Even Apple says it's not needed for iOS. You can find more information in this thread:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/Loading-F-Secure-onto-Ipad/m-p/35221/highlight/true...

Edit: Next time check the requirements and supported platforms for the product you want to install. Just a tip :)

• jp999
    jp999 Posts: 2

Thanks. The main reason I wanted to do this was less for the security and more for the parental controls and specifically the time restrictions that f-secure promises. So I guess I cant do this via f-secure. any other tips? (I only came to f-secure through being a virgin customer).

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

I see. There's an app called Child Safe: http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_gb/child-safe that enables you to replace the Safari browser with a browser that you can set restrictions for.

But for time restrictions I'm not sure. If F-Secure has promised that in any way, my guess is that's for computers with the product "Internet Security" installed.

I'm not using any mobile products myself, so I'm basing this on what I've read about the products.

Maybe someone else can confirm if I've got it right?

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

There's an app called Parent TimeLock in the app store, but I've no experience of it, so this is just for information, not a personal recommendation.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info