Firewall in "normal" mode prevents connection to internet

After a recent update check I was unable to connect to the internet.  After checking modem, etc I found that the problem was F secures Firewall protection which was set to "normal"  When I reset it to "Allow All" connection was ok.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi lampwick,

Thanks for your post.

May I know which F-Secure program you are using? This situation is often due to conflicting software or firewall. Kindly make sure that you have no other security or firewall program is running.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• lampwick
    lampwick Posts: 3 New Member

I am using F Secures Internet Security 2011.  I do not have any other security program on the computer.  I did activate Windows 7 Firewall. 

• [Deleted User]

Hi lampwick,

I have moved this post to Protection board.

Please try to turn Off the Windows Firerwall then change the F-Secure Firewall profile back to "Normal". You should not be having both Firewalls On at the same time.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• lampwick
    lampwick Posts: 3 New Member

I only turned on the windows firewall after I had to turn off F Secures Fire Wall.  I tried turning the computer on  and off a couple of times and the problem with F Secure fire wall persisted

• [Deleted User]

Hi lampwick,

I would suggest you to open a Support Ticket for further assistances, kindly attach a FSDIAG together with your e-mail.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info