Release notes for IS 2014 update?

NikK
NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

I noticed a few days ago that my IS 2014 was silently upgraded to 1.89.205. Unlike other more common partial FS silent installations like for example Deepguard, this one was visible even in Control Panel - Programs and Features. In the AUA log it says: 'CCFBASIC_1_89_205_WIN32' version '2'

Does this upgrade have any release notes or similar?

A related Q: Why aren't all releases on this page? http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/support-news

For IS 2013 only release 3 is mentioned, and IS 2014 is completely left out?! Since June 2012 there's been only ONE new article.

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    I mentioned this a few months ago, and was told they were working on it.

I assume that perhaps the 2014 upgrade was to fix the IE11 issue? Would be nice if they could catch up with some documentation, although, obviously the fixes should take priority.
  • NikK

Thanks for the info Simon. I think a big company as FS should be able to provide updates and information about it simultaneously. Hopefully someone at FS can give us an update on this.

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Interesting point, Nik. I'm not sure how big the company is. I get the impression that it's a relatively small team, when compared to some of the big guns, such as Symantec and perhaps Kaspersky, but often, great things come in small packages. :)

• NikK

Ok, thanks for the info Ville. So now we just wait and see how "big" of a company FS really is, if we can get more information on the previously missing releases...... Smiley Wink

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info