Only 1 install of trial.

I installed the trial version of FS IS 2013 yesterday but found that within a couple of hours, particularly on bootup that my computer was freezing/showing slow downs. These problems were only solved by uninstalling FS.

I then uninstalled some on-demand security software such as HitMan Pro and Malwarebytes and tried to install the Trial again but received the message that I had already installed it once and that I could not install again.

In all my years experience of using security software, F-Secure is the only one that only allows 1 install. Surely the company could at least think of 2 installs to take into account a bad initial install?

Can anyone help me now?

Support number-tag-1-557661020

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Blackcat,

With regards to your problem, I have taken incharge of this case and will update you with a solution as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• Blackcat
    Blackcat Posts: 503 Influencer

I was asked today to provide the fsdiag.tar.gz file which I have sent previously.

I basically need to know whether there is a way to install the trial more than once. I assume not!

• [Deleted User]

Hi Blackcat,

With regards to your problem, the reason we request for a new fsdiag is to ensure that the fsdiag is collected after running our UI Tool. This new fsdiag will be able to show if there is some trace of old installation.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• Blackcat

Hi Jagadesan,

I have just sent a new fsdiag.file as requested. Sorry for the confusion.

• Blackcat

Bump. Any more news on this?

• [Deleted User]

Hi Blackcat,

With regards to your problem, I have send you an email with the workaround. Kindly refer to your email.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• Blackcat

Workaround did not work on Win 7; could not delete the relevant registry keys.

After 2 weeks gone back to my old AV so case closed.

Does this mean that I would not be able to install any new trial versions in the future e.g FSAV 2014?

• [Deleted User]

Hi Blackcat,

With regards to your problem, there are high possibilities for FSAV 2014 trial version not being able to install. Kindly troubleshoot further to solve the issue.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• Blackcat

Bump on this one.

Can users only install the trial versions of the AV/IS only ONCE on their machines?

• [Deleted User]

Hi Blackcat,

Technically yes, you can install more than once on same machine. Please run the Uninstallation Tool first before you attempt to install again.

---
    Best regards,
    Fendy

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

• Blackcat

Hi Fendy, 

The uninstallation tool did not remove all registry entries and therefore it did not work for me.

I could not remove the relevant registry entries, given to me by Support, manually and therefore the trial would still not load a second time. See message 8 in this thread.

So theoretically you can install more than once on the same machine, but practically on mine you could not. 

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info