IP Address

Not being very technically minded but having recently read that my IP address can be hidden so that I am not inundated with aggravating ads having been on some sites, I wanted to know if your system could do this. The reason for asking yourselves is that I dont trust a lot of sites but I have trust in your site and would prefer to obtain a system from urselves or if it is incorporated currently in your system and I dont know how to access it. 

Mod: Post moved to the appropriate board.

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Welcome to the forums.  :)

Being a non-techie myself, I think the non-technical answer is no, FSIS can't hide your IP address, as if it did, you wouldn't be able to access any websites, but the Online Safety component will certainly block malicious sites and content, if activated.

If you are experiencing a lot of popups when visiting websites, it may just be a setting in your browser that needs changing, in order to block them.  Alternatively, you may wish to consider an ad blocking add on, such as AdblockPlus, which I believe is available for most browsers.

• 2eemeli
    2eemeli Posts: 95 Enthusiast

Using my self an AdBlock in Chrome and it does a good Job.

Just use a resent browser like Chrome or Firefox and AdBlock and your issue should be solved.

Latest IE is not bad either just not sure about the AdBlock availability.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info