Problem with update

I've had a probem for a while now with F-secure, and have not been able to figure out how to solve it. Several times a day F-secure interrupts whatever I am working on with a message saying that there is a new version of F-secure that I need to install. However, when I attempt to install it, I simply get a message saying that it can't find the necessary data, and installation failed. I have no idea what could be wrong. My license is valid until sometime in november, so that can't be the problem.

My computer is a mac, with OS X 10.8.4

Comments

• MrLino
    MrLino Posts: 4

I have the exact same problem and have had for weeks now. Very, very annoying!

• MrLino

Could any F-Secure, Product Expert respond on this please. It start to get really irritating!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello LMHH & MrLino,

In order to investigate your issue, could you please open a support ticket and provide an fsdiag.

To create and send an fsdiag file for Anti-virus for MAC:

Log in as admin user, open Finder, select "Applications", go to "F-Secure" folder, click "Support tool". In the Terminal window that opens, click enter. Type password if asked.

The tool starts gathering the information. Once the gathering of information is complete, the output file appears on your desktop. Attach the fsdiag.tar.gz file to your support request.

Thank you

• MrLino

I followed the steps and got this:

Password:
    Getting system version information
    Verifying F-Secure packages
    Getting libraries used by binary files.
    Copying configuration files
    Listing contents of /opt/f-secure, /etc/opt/f-secure /var/opt/f-secure and /usr/local/f-secure
    Running fsav --version
    Copying install log
    Copying crontab of root user
    Listing free disk space
    Copying logfiles
    Getting misc system info
    Running sw_vers
    Copying software version info files.
    Running package verification for com.f-secure.* pkgs
    Copying crash/hang/panic reports
    Running system_profiler
    Running defaults
    Running vm_stat
    Running kextstat
    Running ioreg
    Running sysctl

Results of diagnostics are in fsdiag.tar.gz. Send it to the person who asked you to run fsdiag.

logout

[Processen slutförd]

Am I suppose to do something more?

Regards,

Roger

• MrLino

Hi Ben,

I followed the steps proposed by a e-mail from E-secure.. and so far that's about it.

The below is the result and now I don't know what to do? The problem remains!

Regards,

Roger

Last login: Tue Aug 20 21:06:19 on console
    /Applications/F-Secure/F-Secure\ Support\ Tool.app/Contents/Resources/fsdiag ; exit;
    Rogges-MacBook-Pro-3:~ rogge$ /Applications/F-Secure/F-Secure\ Support\ Tool.app/Contents/Resources/fsdiag ; exit;
    F-Secure Mac Protection build 11500 Diagnostic Tool
    Copyright (c) 1999-2013 F-Secure Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

This program will gather information about F-Secure products installed on the host as well as some details about the hardware and configuration of your OS X system. In some cases this information might be considered confidential. The data collected will only be stored locally. F-Secure will use this information for diagnostic purposes ONLY.

Please wait while the program collects information about your system. This process may take awhile to complete. No changes will be made to your system during this process.

Note: you can safely ignore failed messages. They only mean that data the was checking for did not exist.

Press ENTER to continue, or CTRL-C to quit.

Diagnostic tool performs privileged operations. Please enter your password to continue.

WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss
    or the deletion of important system files. Please double-check your
    typing when using sudo. Type "man sudo" for more information.

To proceed, enter your password, or type Ctrl-C to abort.

Password:
    Getting system version information
    Verifying F-Secure packages
    Getting libraries used by binary files.
    Copying configuration files
    Listing contents of /opt/f-secure, /etc/opt/f-secure /var/opt/f-secure and /usr/local/f-secure
    Running fsav --version
    Copying install log
    Copying crontab of root user
    Listing free disk space
    Copying logfiles
    Getting misc system info
    Running sw_vers
    Copying software version info files.
    Running package verification for com.f-secure.* pkgs
    Copying crash/hang/panic reports
    Running system_profiler
    Running defaults
    Running vm_stat
    Running kextstat
    Running ioreg
    Running sysctl

Results of diagnostics are in fsdiag.tar.gz. Send it to the person who asked you to run fsdiag.

logout

[Processen slutförd]

• [Deleted User]

Hello MrLino,

I understand you already proceed to open a support ticket and provide the output file that appeared on your desktop?

Could you send me by PM the Sr-ID of the case you opened for follow up?

Thank you for your reply.

• [Deleted User]

Hello LMHH & MrLino,

Have you received a solution to your issue, or is this still occuring?  In case anyone else in the Community is having the same trouble, would you mind sharing how the updating problem was solved?

Thanks!

// Chrissy

• Hello,

i have exactly the same problem. i don´t know what to do. If I chose to log in to administration mode, the message doesn´t appear, but when I log in to my user account the message comes up. Very annoying. Nothing wrong with my subscription. 

Best 

Lennart

• Stephan
    Stephan Posts: 340 Influencer

Hello,

Could you please try upgrading Anti-Virus for Mac manually?

Just visit our download page, scroll down and get the latest Anti-Virus for Mac installer.

No need to uninstall the current version, just run the installation after downloading the package.

Best regards,
    Stephan

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info