False positives and sites ignored with Banking protection

aljw
aljw Posts: 7 New Member

Is there a way we can specify / add or remove sites from the banking protection feature?

I don't want to turn it off, I like it.

HOWEVER......

I have a few websites (membership log ins) pinned in my firefox browser, and every time I open firefox, the online banking triggers when one of them (at least) loads. I haven't been able to single out which one (there are 3 with secure log ins).

However, obviously it blocks access to my other tabs / websites until I hit "end". While I completely appreciate the concept, it's annoying that it's triggered by false-positives.

And, while the banking protection totally works on MOST of my banking sites, it does NOT EVER turn itself on when I am using Paypal (which I use often).

So - is there a way we can remove sites (or add them to a "don't turn on when" list)... or add sites like Paypal?

And if not... can you guys please consider this a request to add this feature in? (i.e., don't allow people to remove legitimate banking sites of true banks, but to remove like membership type sites... or add in something like paypal).

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi aljw,

With regards to your problem, I would suggest you to visit the link below for submiting false positive samples regards to banking protection. Moreover till now we are only supporting banks and we might expand to online merchants soon but it is subject to customer feedback and request.

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/submit-samples/banking-protection

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

On testing with IE (Banking Protection isn't supported with my default browser), I too noticed that PayPal wasn't supported.  This does seem to be quite a glaring ommission, so I hope PayPal will be added to Banking Protection soon.

• Janiashvili
    Janiashvili Posts: 454 Adventurer
    I reported that some time ago and they said they were working on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info