Homegroup

I have just added F- Secure to my computers, and now my homgroup connection between computers will not work. How do I change this?

Comments

• radetzky
    radetzky Posts: 12 Observer

same problem with WIN7/64bit

• Hailan
    Hailan Posts: 50 Active Engager

Hi,

In order to configure your product to function properly with windows Homegroup I would suggest you follow this guide. If for any reason whatsoever the problem persist after following the instructions, I would suggest you to open a Support Ticket. Could you also include the FSDIAG of the problematic computer as we will need this file to find a proper resolution.

• radetzky
    radetzky Posts: 12 Observer

Sorry, it looks impossible to find out steps listed by You. Might be that internet security 2013 is a little bit different ?

• Hailan
    Hailan Posts: 50 Active Engager

Hi radetzky,

Is2013 is indeed different as it uses the windows firewall, and by default this should allow homegroup connections as long as a homegroup is setup on the machine and that your network location is set to Home.

Hence if you are still experiencing issues after verifying that the homegroup is setup and that the network location is set to home,  I would suggest you to open a Support Ticket. Could you also include the FSDIAG of the problematic computer as we will need this file to find a proper resolution.

• Hello all and thanks for your replies.  I am sorry that I have not got back to you, but I have had a lot of personal issues going on.  Anyway, I have resolved the problem, whether it was the right way to do it or not remains to be seen.  I decided it was a firewall issue, and turned off the tesco firewall and turned the windows one back on, but left all the other tescos settings as they were.  It works, but as to whether it is as secure as it should be, I have no idea. 

many thanks.

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Having two firewalls running simultaneously isn't a good idea, as it often causes issues such as you have just experienced.  Is the Tesco firewall part of Tesco Internet Security?  I can't say I've ever used the Tesco one, but my guess is that F-Secure is a far superior product, and would provide a much greater level of security than a supermarket brand.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info