chrome installation

Hi

i am running XP Home SP3. i recently updated F-Secure internet security to 2013. up to this, i was running Chrome with no problem. now, it won't run so have uninstalled and reinstalled - it seems to install OK but when i run setup i get a blank tab with

chrome://signin/?source=0&next_page=chrome%3A%2F%2Fnewtab%2F

in the address bar and nothing happens.

i have installed and uninstalled Firefox but no difference. i have installed and uninstalled F-Secure with no difference. i have added chrome.exe to the firewall exceptions.

to complicate it a bit more, the other PC running on my network is running chrome with no problems despite having update F-Secure on it.

any ideas what i am doing wrong?

loon

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi loon,

With regards to your problem, I would suggest you to open a Support Ticket:
    http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact

Once you have open a SRID kindly update me so that I can help to solve your issue.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• loon
    loon Posts: 8

Hi Jagadesan

many thanks - i have opened the ticket

loon

• loon

Hi Jagadesan

opened the support ticket and was advised to turn F-Secure off then rerun Chrome - did this with no difference (as had done before) so not an F-Secure problem although the coincidence of it happening when i updated  F-Secure is striking. have tried the Google forum with  no replies yet so back to the drawing board

cheers

jeff

• [Deleted User]

Hi loon,

With regards to your problem, is there an SRID given to you by the agent? If yes kindly provide us your SRID so that I can help you to speed up the process. SRID is normally stated in the subject of the email.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• loon

Hi Jagadesan

SR ID:   1-556942848

cheers

loon

• [Deleted User]

Hi loon,

With regards to your problem, kindly try the workaround stated below so that we can identify whether F-Secure component is causing the issue.

1. Open start button and click on Run.
    2. Type services.msc on the input box and press enter.
    3. Search for all services related to F-Secure such as FSMA, FSGKHS, ORSP Client and stop it.
    4. Try to reproduce the issue. If the issue have been resolved, then the problem might be caused by F-Secure.
    5. If issue still persist, please turn on all the services related to F-Secure and contact Google as this steps is to ensure whether F-Secure is causing the issue in more detailed manner. 

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• loon

Hi Jagadesan

that worked - Google runs fine with the services stopped - turned them back on and it stopped again

cheers

jeff

• [Deleted User]

Hi loon,

With regards to your problem, I have informed the agent that you are working with to troubleshoot further as the problem is caused by F-Secure. Kindly do let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• loon

Have had an email from them and sent the info they asked for.

Many thanks for your help

jeff

• loon

problem solved - banking protection software conflict. many thanks for your help

loon

• I have what sounds like an identical problem. Can you share the solution?

• [Deleted User]

Hi 96percentchimp,

With regards to your problem, I would suggest you to open a Support Ticket:
    http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact

Once you have open a SRID kindly update me so that I can help to solve your issue.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• loon

i had a banking protection software installed called Rapport Truisteer - this was conflicting with the banking protection on F-Secure - remove the Rapport program and hey presto no more problems but would not have found that without F-Secure techs remotely accessing my computer as i had no idea that the newer version of FS had banking protection included.

jeff

• [Deleted User]

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for sharing how your problem was solved!

96percentchimp, hope this helps to solve your issue, let us know if it does!  If not, please open a Support Ticket so we can further assist you, as informed by Jagadesan.

// Chrissy

F-Secure Community Manager

• Uninstalling Trusteer Rapport solved my problem, so it looks like there is a clash - maybe you'll have to instruct Win XP users to deactivate it if they want to use Chrome.

thanks, Alex

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info