Cant scan my computer, i scan then it stops and says it has been stopped.

Hello guys

Every time I start a manual scan for viruses or whole computer or for harddrives it starts normal than after 0 or 1 objects it stops and says: "The scan has been stopped and no viruses was found". This must be a bug or a virus blocking the scan right? Please help me, don't know if i'm secured anymore... And sometimes windows says that antivirus is switched of in the service center while it's not.

/Fredrik  

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi fed,

Thanks for your post.

Please try to run a Full Computer Scan with "Scan inside compressed files" and "Use advanced heuristics" enabled.

- Open your F-Secure program by double-click the F-Secure icon at the bottom right corner of your screen.
    - On the main page, click "Setting".
    - Go to "Computer" > "Manual scanning".
    - Untick the checkbox beside "Scan only known file types".
    - Make sure that the checkbox beside "Scan inside compressed files" and "Use advanced heuristics" are checked and click "Ok".
    - On the main page, click on the arrow under "Scan".
    - Select "Full computer scan".
    - "Scan wizard" will pop up and the scanning will start automatically.

Monitor the Scan wizard and see how it goes.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

F-Secure Community Moderator

• fed
    fed Posts: 2

Hello Jason 

Thanks for the fast reply!

I tried what you recomended but it still doesn't work. The same thing occured again, i opened the scan and it says scanned objects: 1 then it stops and says: "The scan has been stopped, no viruses has been found".

What to do now? Is there a virus blocking the scan or what?

/Fredrik 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi fed,

I would suggest you to send an e-mail to our support: xxxx@f-secure.com for further investigation. Kindly attach a FSDIAG together with your e-mail, you may include this post in your e-mail as well.

[Moderator edit, this email address is no longer in use, please refer to the web form:

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact/request]

To create FSDIAG file: http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact/fsdiag

Once done this, feel free to send me the Ticket number (SR-ID) and I'll make sure it's getting handled properly.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

F-Secure Community Moderator

• Luca
    Luca Posts: 2

I've the same problem, also the computer after 10 minutes become really slow and I can't restart it.

Before of this the computer take this two viruses: x, and consrv.dll. Avast! Block them and successfully removed it, but the computer start to have problem, it become slow, the windows firewall, and windows defender doesn't work anymore. I decide to reinstalling all, now I've reinstalled all, I've install Norton 360 and check the backup HD. It did not find anything. Norton it's too slow, and I've problem on downloading windows update, so I remove Norton and install F-secure, the first scan go well but suddenly I have the same problem write in this post. There is a solution o I must reinstall all again??

• Eightball
    Eightball Posts: 1 Observer

Hi Luca,

My problem was solved by following the steps described in my last post in this tread:
    http://community.f-secure.com/t5/End-point-Security/F-Secure-scan-stops-after-scanning-1-file/m-p/5339#M249

I hope this helps, good luck!

• Luca
    Luca Posts: 2

ok! thank you very much for the help, i'll try it!

• tidaltides
    tidaltides Posts: 17 Observer

This information didn't help at all. I simply uninstall the program and reinstall it again. That is how I fixed it.image

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info