Please add a Boot Scan Feature and I know this seems obvious.

Enfcmedic384
Enfcmedic384 Posts: 181 Enthusiast
edited February 2022 in Feature Requests

I know you guys already know this but, to add a Boot Scan feature would be wonderful. It gives you such peace of mind when you want to make sure that you have scanned the operating system at a lower level. Please add it in the Internet Security Technology Preview and let everyone test it out.

Thank You Very Much,

Rich W

0 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

Comments

• Janiashvili
    Janiashvili Posts: 454 Adventurer

What exactly do you mean by boot scan?

You mean let it scan before windows boots?

• Enfcmedic384
    Enfcmedic384 Posts: 181 Enthusiast

That is what I mean before windows boots. I think that you should beat your competitors though by enabling the  scan to incorporate all it's security features. 

Thanks,

Rich

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello!
    Thank you for your new idea. We will evaluate it and our Product manager will comment it later on.
    Cheers

ElseH
    F-Secure Community Manager

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Dear Rich, I add here what our Product managers said about this issue: “Latest F-Secure products include special purpose technology that allows it to scan components that are loaded before the operating system or during its early stages of boot up. This includes components such as Master Boot Record and boot-mode kernel drivers. This feature gets enabled after the first reboot when product is installed.” I change your idea status to 'Discarded' as it seems that we already have it in use. Thank you for participating and please post again if you have an idea. Cheers! ElseH F-Secure Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.