BSOD

Since installation of FIS I had several bsod. I belive (but I'm not 100% sure) that they FIS related. My minidump are here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/152607/Minidump.rar

Comments

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

Hi,

please open a regaluar Support case and also provide an FSDIAG.TAR.GZ with it.

Thanks

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

@yaslaw wrote:

Since installation of FIS I had several bsod. I belive (but I'm not 100% sure) that they FIS related. My minidump are here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/152607/Minidump.rar

Hi,

I've taken the dumps from there and moved them to our bug handling, so we will check if they reviel something. We also just released the release 41, which includes several fixes to earlier reported BSOD cases. So this might be duplicate of them too. So please update to 41 and if you see new BSOD cases after that, let us know about them.

Petri

Based on the analysis it doesn't look like our drivers had anything to do with the BSOD. Crashing module was netio.sys, called by tcpip.sys.

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• yaslaw
    yaslaw Posts: 28 Observer

Thanks for you replay.

I uninstalled temporary uninstalledFIS 2 days ago, and since then I didn't encouter any bsod so far. System is pretty new (installed no more than 30 days ago)..

I will try later to install new build (41) and I will keep you updated.

• yaslaw
    yaslaw Posts: 28 Observer

Today I installed again f-secure. Since I uninstalled previous beta I hadn't had a single bsod for over a week, so I do think my previous crashes were related to f-secure installation. I will update you if I encounter another crash.

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

Please make sure that you have the latest available NIC-Drivers. Check from the vendors site!

What NIC do you have in use?

F-Secure is hooking on top of those drivers. If they interprete the returned values wrong then they go BSOD.

BR

This discussion has been closed.