Free Online Scanner in Safe Mode with Networking

Hi. I'm new to the forum.

Could someone tell me if the free Online Scanner is more effective when using in Safe Mode with Networking? And if so, the GUI console doesn't fit on the screen in Safe Mode...and I was wondering if anything could be done about that.

Comments

• manyne
    manyne Posts: 45 Enthusiast

Hi Doyle_M,

It is recommended to run F-Secure Online Scanner in Normal Mode. You can run the Online Scanner in Safe Mode by changing the resolution to 800x600.

Br,

Nesak

• Doyle_M
    Doyle_M Posts: 7

Thanks, manyne.

Also, the reason why I asked this question is because I found 251 infections from a scan that can't be cleaned by the F-Secure scanner, therefore, that is why I was interested in running it in Safe Mode.

Therefore, can you help me with this unusual amount of infections?

• manyne

Hi Doyle_M,

You can submit a ticket to our support team so they will look into this issue. You can submit the request form from here.  You can attach the scanning report from the Online Scanner for us to look into it.

Br,

Nesak

• Doyle_M
    Doyle_M Posts: 7

Manyne, the Online Scanner didn't work right. It scanned, but it wouldn't clean. All that it did was 'act' like it was cleaning, but it continued and wouldn't complete the cleaning. Also, this time, the scanner didn't tell me how many 'infections' that I had.

Plus, I even tried to run it in Safe Mode again and change the resolution to 800x600. However, I couldn't change the resolution while in Safe Mode. Also, I changed the resolution in Normal Mode, but it didn't change the Safe Mode screen resolution.

Therefore, I have a scanner that won't clean the infections that it says that it found, plus, I can't run this product in Safe Mode with Networking.

• manyne

Hi Doyle_M,

Can you submit the support request form so we can take a look into this matter. You can go to this link.

After you have submitted request, our support team will contacted you.

Br,
    Nesak

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Doyle_M,

Please try to scan with our EasyClean Tool:

1. Start your computer into Safe mode with networking.
    2. Download and run the F-Secure EasyClean.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Jayson

• warriorfullight
    warriorfullight Posts: 23 Observer

Are there any free trial for this type of software? image

• [Deleted User]

Hi warriorfullight,

The Online Scanner and EasyClean are free removal tools from Our Labs. Find more here.  

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• Please excuse me for taking so long to respond to this thread, but I finally submited the support request form that Manyne referred me to because I am still having problems with the scanner.

• And Jayson, I just ran the F-Secure EasyClean in Safe mode with networking and no malware was detected.

• [Deleted User]

Hi Doyle_M,

What are the infections found on your system? What are the symptoms?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• Jayson, I followed manyne's "submit the support request form" suggestion from Message 6, and when your support team contacted me via email, they suggested that I do a disk cleanup and then to use a different browser such as Firefox and try the Free Online Scanner again.

Well, I did that, but I got another scan result that still said that I had 251 infections(and I made a screen shot of the scanner GUI about a half an hour ago), but then I clicked on the button to clean the infections.

Well, I left my computer for about 15 minutes, and when I came back, I had what was called an 'error id: 48' error message that said that: "The Program is running with insufficent user rights to scan all targets for malware and spyware."(Which I also took a screen shot of.)

Therefore, Jayson, that is what I consider to be the infections found on my system(unless it's just an error or false positive). And I really don't have any symptoms, unless malware is causing F-Secure not to work on my computer....which that within itself may be a symptom of infection.

• The 'java clearing' post solved my problem. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info