Enable larger text size for passwords

TVC15
TVC15 Posts: 32 Contributor
edited September 13 in Feature Requests

Hello :)

Is there any way to view the passwords in Password Vault in a larger text size? I'm on a higher resolution notebook screen, so it's a bit harder to see them without possibly copying and pasting them into Word to enlarge them. Am I missing another way to go about it?

With 1Password, they have that option with the drop down arrow, which comes in handy.

Just a thought, a suggestion.

Thank you :)

F-Secure Total and F-Secure Internet Security v19.6 on 5 Windows PC's. Also, using the free version of Glasswire, just to monitor any apps. 1st outbound connection.

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

The UI and fonts should resize according to Windows scaling factor. Do you mean that everything else scales correctly but the passwords dont? Or is everything generally too small?

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• TVC15
    edited September 16

Thank you, Ville, for your reply :)

I already have this notebook, 14" set to a larger display size to help see the Windows sidebar (Show libraries, Show this PC) and Explorer bar as well the taskbar better. If I go any higher than I am now, it would be too distracting for the short period I may be reviewing my passwords (Password Vault/Password analysis) or a site or two that may need to review or create a new password for.

On some of my other PC's it's not so much an issue, but it would still be nice to have the passwords display to a bigger size option, especially as I'm getting older.

Cheers :)

F-Secure Total and F-Secure Internet Security v19.6 on 5 Windows PC's. Also, using the free version of Glasswire, just to monitor any apps. 1st outbound connection.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,655 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my comment.

Can't check said situation on any relatively close devices (described in your feature request), but on my laptop the size looks close to okay. Although I would say that it is practically the thinnest and most inexpressive in the entire interface (but basically the very same as in the Updates screen of Settings, for example. Do you have the same situation with the font size there)?

Then, from your screenshots, I get the feeling that F-Secure's one is much larger than the other program (so there's probably a reasonable option). However, text size could probably be larger, not even as an option.

And as a current workaround(?) - is it suitable to try Windows's Magnifier (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-magnifier-to-make-things-on-the-screen-easier-to-see-414948ba-8b1c-d3bd-8615-0e5e32204198)? By using hotkey (WinBtn plus +) - perhaps - a bit more faster then copying to Word.

I don't know if this is really a good idea - I mean, looking at your passwords through Microsoft Magnifier - but nevertheless.

Sidenote: I almost never used this tool. I think only twice. One time - while on routine to manually get rid of very old oldschool ransomware / screenlocker (first type/first wave of them?) on a very old system. And another time while on routine to bypass F-Secure Parental Control Bedtime Limits's lockscreen (just for test purposes). Maybe in the scenario of enlarging text size in Password Vault this Magnifier tool could also be useful. :)

• TVC15
    edited September 18

Another wonderful workaround today, Ukko :)

Yes, the Windows key + is an excellent option. For how little I have to view or edit a password, that will work. Thank you, friend. I did post an image below of 1Password in "Show in large type" compared to F-Secure's view. Granted, 1Passwords option is a little large, but maybe the F-Secure developers, engineers get the idea ;) :)

There are some nice Windows options in using magnifier and the size I would want it to open with, to view the passwords. And for sure this is only done at home, and not in a coffee shop or public place with my notebook where prying eyes could possibly see it on my screen. I'll do a little research, but I think in a home environment, using magnifier is safe.

And please, you really don't need to apologize for your comment(s), as you always do a wonderful job here :)

Cheers.