ID Protection

Options
TTK1
TTK1 Posts: 2 New Member

I tried to update my ID protection, but F-Secure page tells me that I do not have available licenses. So, have I understood correctly the new ID Protection app refresh correctly… I can't use ID Protection with laptop and phone without each having a separate Total lisence?

When I bought ID Protection license I could use it from my Windows laptop and phone (one of the biggest reasons why I bought it)

Tagged:

Answers

• CarolinaC
    CarolinaC Posts: 93 Moderator
    Options

Hello @TTK1 ,

thank you for contacting us here on F-Secure Community Portal.

After checking your installed devices, I noticed that Internet Security is currently on the maximum of five devices. I would like to inform you that after the update the ID Protection and Freedome VPN license works in tandem with the TOTAL license. As a result, in order to transition to the integrated TOTAL version where all programs seamlessly work together, it's necessary to release one of the licenses associated with TOTAL.

By releasing one Internet Security license, you can proceed with updating your software to the integrated version, ensuring optimal performance and compatibility across all programs.

Should you have any questions or require assistance with this process, please feel free to reach out to me.

Best regards!

• TTK1
    TTK1 Posts: 2 New Member
    Options

As I have all my needed devices covered with TOTAL and I have no need to have TOTAL on my phone I have no plans to leave any of my devices without security.

As the response makes it look that I can use one of the lisences I have to update ID Protection on my phome, but it does not tell what happens to my device from where I release the lisence …

So, the question is:

Do I need to buy an additional license OR just release one, update ID Protection and move the license back to the original device?

• marmab
    marmab Posts: 35 Moderator
    Options

@TTK1 we understand your concern, I have sent you a private message to address your issue.

Pricing & Product Info