fshoster32.exe high cpu usage, windows 11 v.22631.3447

Options
Juha_fsecure
Juha_fsecure Posts: 2 New Member

Few days ago updated from F-secure ID to latest F-secure vault (salasanaholvi, F-secure TOTAL perhaps is actualyl name of software)

Since then , once started, fshoster32.exe uses 30-40% of cpu usage. Also have MS Defender subscription and have whitelisted whole F-secure TOTAL folder and fshoster32.exe process aswell. Also reinstalled F-secure Total with no effect. Latest Windows 11 in use. Hopefully this will be fixed since fan volume is quite high.

Answers

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Options

Hello @Juha_fsecure

We welcome you to our forum and thank you for your post and for reporting the problem.
    To take a closer look we will need diagnostic data from our program on your device.
    I will send you instructions for downloading the diagnostic data in a private message on our forum.
    Our technicians will analyze them to see where the cause of the problem lies.
    Thank you .

Best regards.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• tse
    tse Posts: 1 Observer
    Options

I have also issue with CPU load. F-Secure Plugin Host Service (32bit) "fshoster32.exe" takes 6-10% of CPU all the time. I have the new F-secure App 19.3 and I have uninstalled the old F-secure ID Protection. ID protection didn't make any CPU load and this new takes 6-10% even it's idle.

I have Windows 11 23H2 (Build 22631.3447) with Microsoft Defender.

• User_108776
    User_108776 Posts: 2 Observer
    Options

Hi,

same issue for me after subscription update I had to remove Freedom and installed the
    new F-Secure VPN (Version 19.4) software the CPU load is around 20%
    even that I don't have VPN on. Before Freedom CPU load was 0-1%.

I'm using Windows 11 (64bit) - 23H2 - 22631.3447
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    RAM 32,0 GB.

I have once unistall it and re-installed, but that didnt help.
    What to do?

\Markus

• G_Derek
    G_Derek Posts: 2 New Member
    Options

Same problem, Total v19.4, Windows 11 Insider Beta Channel.

• User_108776
    User_108776 Posts: 2 Observer
    Options

I had to install the new F-Secure VPN also to my older laptop
    and it took permanently even more CPU around 30% all the time?

With Freedom software there was no issue with CPU load.

Laptop spec:
    Windows 10 Home - 22H2 - 19045.4291
    Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N2920 @ 1.86GHz
    RAM : 8,00 GB

• JOnes
    JOnes Posts: 466 Rock Star
    Options

After updating to version 19.4 (Total), the cpu load(F-secure plugin hosting service,32-bit) has increased somewhat

• NotSoSure
    NotSoSure Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

Following on F-Secure instructions I unfortunately changed my working three Freedom installations on three Intel NUC / Win 11 to new F-Secure VPN. The result is same as above. All three NUCs are running hot and F-Secure plugin hosting service is using a lot of CPU.

If there was a bug, has it been fixed and my problem is something else. If the bug is not fixed, how can I follow when it will be fixed.

It is a bit odd if I have just VPN which I very seldom use and because of that my NUCs are overloaded all the time even I do not use this VPN.

• Juha_fsecure
    Juha_fsecure Posts: 2 New Member
    Options

I noticed that software recommended update and i did full reinstall. Now process name does not have 32-bit in process name, but cpu levels are same or even bit higher.

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Options

Hi,

I would like to inform you that a solution to this problem is already being tested. It should soon be implemented into the available version of the progam.
    Please be patient for a while longer and thank you for your understanding.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone