fshoster32.exe high cpu usage, windows 11 v.22631.3447

Options
Juha_fsecure
Juha_fsecure Posts: 3 Observer

Few days ago updated from F-secure ID to latest F-secure vault (salasanaholvi, F-secure TOTAL perhaps is actualyl name of software)

Since then , once started, fshoster32.exe uses 30-40% of cpu usage. Also have MS Defender subscription and have whitelisted whole F-secure TOTAL folder and fshoster32.exe process aswell. Also reinstalled F-secure Total with no effect. Latest Windows 11 in use. Hopefully this will be fixed since fan volume is quite high.

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,710 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Juha_fsecure @tse @User_108776 @G_Derek @JOnes @NotSoSure

We are pleased to inform you that a solution has been implemented for the issue you reported. This fix was deployed on April 29th. We kindly ask for your assistance in verifying whether the issue persists or has been resolved satisfactorily. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your cooperation, and we wish you a pleasant day.

Answers

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 203 Moderator
    Options

Hello @Juha_fsecure

We welcome you to our forum and thank you for your post and for reporting the problem.
    To take a closer look we will need diagnostic data from our program on your device.
    I will send you instructions for downloading the diagnostic data in a private message on our forum.
    Our technicians will analyze them to see where the cause of the problem lies.
    Thank you .

Best regards.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• tse
    tse Posts: 1 Observer
    Options

I have also issue with CPU load. F-Secure Plugin Host Service (32bit) "fshoster32.exe" takes 6-10% of CPU all the time. I have the new F-secure App 19.3 and I have uninstalled the old F-secure ID Protection. ID protection didn't make any CPU load and this new takes 6-10% even it's idle.

I have Windows 11 23H2 (Build 22631.3447) with Microsoft Defender.

• User_108776
    User_108776 Posts: 2 Observer
    Options

Hi,

same issue for me after subscription update I had to remove Freedom and installed the
    new F-Secure VPN (Version 19.4) software the CPU load is around 20%
    even that I don't have VPN on. Before Freedom CPU load was 0-1%.

I'm using Windows 11 (64bit) - 23H2 - 22631.3447
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    RAM 32,0 GB.

I have once unistall it and re-installed, but that didnt help.
    What to do?

\Markus

• G_Derek
    G_Derek Posts: 2 New Member
    Options

Same problem, Total v19.4, Windows 11 Insider Beta Channel.

• User_108776
    User_108776 Posts: 2 Observer
    Options

I had to install the new F-Secure VPN also to my older laptop
    and it took permanently even more CPU around 30% all the time?

With Freedom software there was no issue with CPU load.

Laptop spec:
    Windows 10 Home - 22H2 - 19045.4291
    Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N2920 @ 1.86GHz
    RAM : 8,00 GB

• JOnes
    JOnes Posts: 479 Rock Star
    Options

After updating to version 19.4 (Total), the cpu load(F-secure plugin hosting service,32-bit) has increased somewhat

• NotSoSure
    NotSoSure Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

Following on F-Secure instructions I unfortunately changed my working three Freedom installations on three Intel NUC / Win 11 to new F-Secure VPN. The result is same as above. All three NUCs are running hot and F-Secure plugin hosting service is using a lot of CPU.

If there was a bug, has it been fixed and my problem is something else. If the bug is not fixed, how can I follow when it will be fixed.

It is a bit odd if I have just VPN which I very seldom use and because of that my NUCs are overloaded all the time even I do not use this VPN.

• Juha_fsecure
    Options

I noticed that software recommended update and i did full reinstall. Now process name does not have 32-bit in process name, but cpu levels are same or even bit higher.

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 203 Moderator
    Options

Hi,

I would like to inform you that a solution to this problem is already being tested. It should soon be implemented into the available version of the progam.
    Please be patient for a while longer and thank you for your understanding.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• Juha_fsecure
    Options

It has been working now.