F-Secure on MacOSX Ventura not working

Options
Hakbul
Hakbul Posts: 7 Explorer
edited March 25 in F-Secure Total

Hi

I am trying to install F-Secure Total om my Imac. I had earlier F-Secure Safe but after upgrading to version Ventura it stopped working.

If I download unistallation tool to remove Safe that installation hangs for hours without any progress.

In my Apps folder there is a catalogue with F-Secure icons but nothing happens when I click on them.

I have upgraded my license to Total in My F-Secure webportal. Downloading that file goes ok.

Installation looks ok. But no icons turn up in the upper toolbar like before. In MyF-Secure my unit doesnt show either so something is really wrong.

Any ideas what to do next??

Best Regards

Håkan

Answers

• pajp
    pajp Posts: 107 F-Secure Employee
    edited March 25
    Options

Hi,

F-Secure Total should work fine on macOS Ventura. A common problem is that you may have accidentally or intentionally disabled the ability for the software to run in the background. Please check the "Login Items" settings in System Settings -> General, and make sure "F-Secure" is enabled there.

After enabling this, reboot your machine for the changes to take effect.

If this doesn't help or if this setting is already enabled for you, we'd need more diagnostics to help you further.

Please follow these instructions to enable debug logs:

https://help.f-secure.com/product.html?home/total-mac/latest/en/task_364793A834BD4955AD95837F0E3C3709-latest-en

Then follow these instructions to gather diagnostics from your system:

https://help.f-secure.com/product.html#home/total-mac/latest/en/task_03F74417F71E42F7B2E95603988805A9-latest-en

You can send the diagnostics file in a direct message to me on this forum (don't post it publicly in this thread, as it may contain personal information) and I'll take a look as soon as I can, or you can contact our customer support which will ensure that your case will be followed up through our official support channels.

Rasmus Sten

F-Secure Technology, Mac Team

• Hakbul
    Options

Hi

I will try to check this. One problem is that I cant install the diagnostic tools.

That installation just hangs and I have to forcefully terminate the program.

So what to do next?

Best regards

Håkan

• pajp
    pajp Posts: 107 F-Secure Employee
    edited March 28
    Options

Hi,

if the Support Tool doesn't work, as a workaround, please open Terminal and type (or paste) the following:

sudo log collect --output ~/Desktop 

enter your password followed by pressing return when prompted. It will create an item called system_logs.logarchive on your desktop. Right-click/ctrl-click on it and choose "Compress" and you'll get a zip file that you can send to us.

Let me know how it goes!

Rasmus Sten

F-Secure Technology, Mac Team

• Hakbul
    Options

Hi

Perfect I will try that when I am with mac. Out working right now!

Thanks

//Håkan

• Hakbul
    Options

Hey!

The file is to big for upload. Size 545 MB.
    How to upload?

best regards

Håkan

• Hakbul
    Options

Hi

Any updates on how to upload the file when ists to big???

Best regards
    Håkan

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,683 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @Hakbul

Thank you for getting back to us regarding this matter.

We regret for any inconvenience caused by the delay in our response.

To submit the large FSDIAG file, you will receive an email from our team containing a link for file submission. Simply follow the instructions in this link to upload the file using the link provided. Once you have submitted the file, please reply to the same email to notify the designated person. We will then proceed to retrieve the file and analyze it accordingly. You can expect an email from me regarding the file sharing process.

However, I've attempted to locate an active account registered under your email address in our system, but it seems I couldn't find any matches. It's possible that you may have registered with a different email address. Could you please provide me with your account details via private message so we can investigate further?

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to your response.

Thank you and have a great day.

• Hakbul
    Options

Hi I cant transfer the file since it is 545 MB.
    How do we proceed.

Best regards
    Håkan

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @Hakbul

Thank you for your reply.

I have replied to your email, please follow the instructions in the email.

We are looking forward to your reply to assist you on this matter.

Thank you and have a good day.

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @Hakbul

I've received feedback from our R&D team regarding this issue.

It appears that the system is failing to validate the product component's signature. To address this, we recommend running the following command in the Terminal and entering your admin password:

sudo sfltool resetbtm

Once you've executed the command, please reboot your machine and attempt to open the application again.

We'd appreciate hearing about your experience with this solution.

Thank you for your cooperation, and we hope you have a great day.

• Hakbul
    Options

Hi seems now to work as expected.
    A new update of MacOS also contributed to this.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards
    Håkan